Keep up to date with the Business & Human Rights impact of the Coronavirus pandemic.
We work with everyone to advance human rights in business. We track over 9000 companies, and help the vulnerable eradicate abuse.
- Uganda: Govt. directs private schools to pay staff after some reportedly stopped paying employees
- Kenya: Artisanal gold miners expel Tanzanian colleagues for fear of Covid-19 spread
- Employers can charter flights to return Indian migrant workers in the Gulf, but thousands remain stranded
- Cambodia: Fired garment workers keep watch 24/7 outside their former factories' compound; while owners fail to honour payment
- Civil society calls for EU policy reforms & standards on corporate sustainability reporting
Focus on COVID-19
We asked construction companies what they are doing to protect workers.
Practical advice for investors to safeguard defenders during COVID-19.
More surveys, benchmarks and tools from the Business & Human Rights Resource Centre
Cases & responsesPrevious Next
Sign up for our Weekly Updates
Our free Weekly Updates alert you to the top stories and breaking news about business & human rights by email, highlighting positive initiatives and drawing attention to alleged abuses.
Some of the most critical topics to ensure that companies respect and promote human rights throughout their operations.
Corporate Legal Accountability
Concise profiles of lawsuits against companies accused of human rights abuses & commentaries
Pacific Region & Human Rights
Under reported business and human rights issues, allegations of abuse and local voices.
Mandatory Due Diligence
News & thought leadership on momentum towards due diligence laws
In business operations and supply chains
Technology and Human Rights
Opportunities and risks for human rights created by new and emerging technologies
Gender and Human Rights
Recognising and valuing the voices and leadership of women in business & human rights
Beyond Social Auditing
What are the solutions and reform options for social auditing?
Human rights defenders
Track attacks & find tools for positive company action on civic freedoms.
What must business do to address the biggest human rights challenge of our time?
UN Guiding Principles
Includes implementation tools & examples, information on UN Working Group
Chinese investment overseas
Guidance, cases and company responses
Accountability and transparency in the development and use of energy, minerals, land & water