Track human rights impacts of the mineral boom powering the shift to a low-carbon economy.
We work with everyone to advance human rights in business. We track over 9000 companies, and help the vulnerable eradicate abuse.
- Peoples' Summit on Climate, Rights and Human Survival brings together civil society leaders to scale up actions on climate justice
- Commentary: Unions must join the Global Climate Strike to avert a climate catastrophe
- Pacific: Forum Fisheries Agency member states will require crew employment conditions for fishing licenses
- Global Climate Strike: Millions including workers & students to strike in support for climate justice (20 Sep)
- Companies clarify position on Swiss mandatory human rights due diligence initiative
Latest from us
A practical guide for investors on tackling the climate crisis while respecting human rights.
Explore company operations and actions to protect workers’ rights in construction & hospitality.
From the Corporate Human Rights Benchmark to our Business Action Platform, the latest from us.
Cases & responsesPrevious Next
Sign up for our Weekly Updates
Our free Weekly Updates alert you to the top stories and breaking news about business & human rights by email, highlighting positive initiatives and drawing attention to alleged abuses.
Some of the most critical topics to ensure that companies respect and promote human rights throughout their operations.
Mandatory Due Diligence
News & thought leadership on momentum towards due diligence laws
Technology and Human Rights
Opportunities and risks for human rights created by new and emerging technologies
Beyond Social Auditing
What are the solutions and reform options for social auditing?
In business operations and supply chains
Corporate Legal Accountability
Concise profiles of lawsuits against companies accused of human rights abuses & commentaries
What must business do to address the biggest human rights challenge of our time?
Human rights defenders
Track attacks & find tools for positive company action on civic freedoms.
Global debate on a proposed UN treaty
UN Guiding Principles
Includes implementation tools & examples, information on UN Working Group
Practical tools for companies and commentaries by business people
Chinese investment overseas
Guidance, cases and company responses
Accountability and transparency in the development and use of energy, minerals, land & water