Headquarters in Germany
Author: Ryushiro Kodaira, Nikkei Shimbun
- Related in-depth areas: COVID-19 (Coronavirus) Outbreak KnowTheChain benchmarks: Addressing forced labour in corporate supply chains
- Related companies: adidas Apple Asics C&A Fast Retailing Hennes & Mauritz (H&M) Hewlett Packard Enterprise HP (Hewlett-Packard) Intel Nike PVH (Phillips-Van Heusen) Samsung Sony
More than 1,000 companies pause advertising on Facebook as part of civil society campaign to stop spread of hate & discrimination on the platform
On June 17, 2020 the Stop Hate for Profit campaign asked companies to act against hate and disinformation being spread by Facebook by temporarily pausing advertising on Facebook and Instagram. The campaign includes ADL, Color of Change, Common Sense,...
Author: Khy Sovuthy, Camboja News
"Unions appeal for minimum wage talks to proceed as scheduled", 25 June 2020...
KnowTheChain is a resource for businesses and investors who need to understand and address forced labor risks within their supply chains....
Asia: COVID-19 pandemic must not serve as an excuse to vilify defenders who champion rights-based approaches in business practices
Author: Business & Human Rights Resource Centre & Asian Forum for Human Rights and Development
"COVID-19: Protection of human rights defenders must no longer be ignored" 05 Jun 2020...
- Related in-depth areas: COVID-19 (Coronavirus) Outbreak: Human rights defenders & civic freedoms Latest news on human rights defenders
- Related companies: adidas
Author: Dominique Baillard, RFI
"Les grandes entreprises américaines solidaires avec la cause noire", 2 juin 2020...
- Related stories: États-Unis : Les entreprises prennent position pour dénoncer le racisme et les violences policières
- Related companies: adidas Apple Kate Spade & Company LinkedIn (part of Microsoft) Merck Netflix Nike S&P Dow Jones Indices (joint venture S&P Global, CME Group, News Corp.) Snap (parent company, Snapchat, Snap Lab) Starbucks Tapestry (Formerly Coach) Target Uber
USA: Company executives speak out against racism following the killings of George Floyd, Breonna Taylor & Tony McDade by police
On 25 May 2020, white Minneapolis police officer Derek Chauvin pinned George Floyd to the ground, keeping his knee on Mr. Floyd’s neck for eight minutes and 46 seconds, ultimately killing him. Three additional officers were involved. All four officers...
Outreach to companies on relationships with apparel manufacturers & response to the COVID-19 pandemic
Visit our apparel COVID-19 action tracker...
- Related stories: Outreach to companies on relationships with apparel manufacturers & response to the COVID-19 pandemic
- This is a response from the following companies: adidas