Member of UN Global Compact
Headquarters in Canada
Supporter of Extractive Industries Transparency Initiative
Author: Global Voices
“Sorpresa en Papúa Nueva Guinea: Primer ministro rechaza renovación de licencia de importante mina de oro” – 29 de julio de 2020...
Report argues mining industry is profiting from COVID-19 while putting workers, communities & defenders at risk; including co responses
A report published by a coalition of civil society organisations (Earthworks, Institute for Policy Studies - Global Economy Program, London Mining Network, MiningWatch Canada, Terra Justa, War on Want, and Yes to Life No to Mining) analyses through a...
Author: Barrick Gold
....The Report suggests that Barrick only made Covid-19 donations to various African countries in order to ensure the operations in these countries remained open during this global crisis. This could not be further from the truth...The donations and...
- Related stories: Report argues mining industry is profiting from COVID-19 while putting workers, communities & defenders at risk; including co responses
- This is a response from the following companies: Barrick Gold
Author: Mining Weekly (South Africa)
'Zambia tackles 'deliberate' undervaluation of mineral exports’ 10 June 2020...
Author: Responsible Mining Index
"RMI Report 2020", mayo 2020...
- Related in-depth areas: Recursos Naturales
- Related companies: Anglo American AngloGold Ashanti Antofagasta ArcelorMittal Banpu Barrick Gold BHP (formerly BHP Billiton) Bumi Resources China Shenhua Energy (part of Shenhua Group) Coal India (CIL) Codelco Evraz Exxaro First Quantum Minerals Fortescue Metals Group Freeport-McMoRan Glencore Grupo México Grupo Peñoles Minerals and Metals Group (MMG) (part of China Minmetals) National Mineral Development Corporation (NMDC) Newcrest Mining Newmont (formerly Newmont Goldcorp) Orano (formerly Areva) Peabody Energy Polymetal International Rio Tinto RUSAL Sibanye-Stillwater Teck Resources Vale Vedanta Resources Zijin
Author: Mugini Jacob, Tanzania Daily News
"Nyamongo Villagers Now to Be Compensated"...
PNG: Renewal of Porgera gold mine lease rejected over environmental and social concerns; Zijin warns of damage to bilateral relations
“Zijin warns Papua New Guinea of China anger over end of gold mine lease”, 29 April 2020...
- Related stories: 巴布亚新几内亚：波格拉（Porgera）金矿开采租约延期申请因环境和社会影响被拒；紫金矿业发出警告，此举破坏中国和巴布亚新几内亚的双边关系
- Related in-depth areas: 中资企业海外投资
- Related companies: Barrick (Niugini) Limited Barrick Gold Zijin
"Barrick launched covid-19 support program in Tanzania", 9 April 2020....
- Related stories: Extractive companies' response to the Covid-19 pandemic
- Related in-depth areas: COVID-19 (Coronavirus) Outbreak: Government & business response Extractives Latest news on natural resources Natural Resources
- Related companies: Barrick Gold