Member of UN Global Compact
Headquarters in United Kingdom
Supporter of Extractive Industries Transparency Initiative
Author: Dana Drugmand, Desmog (USA)
"‘Fossil Fuel Companies Knew’: Honolulu Files Lawsuit Over Climate Impacts", 9 Mar 2020...
USA: Publish What You Pay calls on extractive companies to comment on latest SEC payment disclosure rules; including company responses
On 15 January 2020, the U.S. Securities & Exchange Commission (SEC) released the latest proposed rule to implement Section 1504 of the Dodd-Frank Wall Street Reform and Consumer Protection Act. Section 1504 requires companies operating in the...
...Our position is clear: convergence on a standard approach to reporting meaningful, material data across the different reporting jurisdictions - in a manner that avoids commercial harm to companies - would improve the quality and comparability of the...
- Related stories: USA: Publish What You Pay calls on extractive companies to comment on latest SEC payment disclosure rules; including company responses
- This is a response from the following companies: BP
Mauritania: BP faces “state racism” row for allegedly only granting scholarships to minority Arab-Berbers
Author: Amandla Thomas-Johnson, Middle East Eye
"Oil giant BP accused of racism in Mauritania after overlooking black students," 18 Feb 2020...
- Related in-depth areas: Discrimination Racial/ethnic/caste/origin discrimination - an introduction
- Related companies: BP
Report finds top fossil fuel companies responsible for more than half of ocean acidification affecting coastal communities & marine life
Author: R Licker, B Ekwurzel, S C Doney, S R Cooley, I D Lima, R Heede & P C Frumhoff, on IOP Science
...[M]ore than half of the global surface ocean acidification is attributable to the CO2 emissions traced to the extraction, refining and combustion of fossil fuels and manufacturing of cement from the 88 largest carbon producers... Of these 88 major...
- Related in-depth areas: Climate change
- Related companies: Abu Dhabi National Oil Co BHP Billiton BP Chevron China National Petroleum Corporation (CNPC) Coal India (CIL) ConocoPhillips ExxonMobil Gazprom Iraq National Oil Company Kuwait Petroleum Corporation National Iranian Oil Co PDVSA (Petróleos de Venezuela) Peabody Energy Pemex Petrobras PetroChina (part of China National Petroleum Corporation) Royal Dutch / Shell (see Shell) Saudi Aramco Shell Sonatrach Total
Author: Yves Tendeng, Sud Quotidien (Sénégal)
"Le Président de la Chambre de Commerce invite les entreprises locales à se formaliser", 9 janvier 2020...
- Related companies: BP
Author: Karen Savage, Climate Liability News
"2019: The Year Climate Litigation Hit High Gear" 30 Dec 2019 ...
USA: Oil companies have not yet been held accountable for environmental damage from spills in Louisiana
Author: Joan Meiners, The Times-Picayune & The Advocate
"How Oil Companies Avoided Environmental Accountability After 10.8 Million Gallons Spilled," 27 December 2019 ...
18 December 2019....