Business and Human Rights/ Responsible Sourcing Consultant
- Location: Berlin
- Contract Type: permanent with six-month probationary period
- Closing Date: 03/03/2017
twentyfifty is looking for a consultant to join our growing team in Berlin and contribute to the success of our consulting projects with global multinationals.
You will have 3-5 years of relevant work experience in business and human rights/ social sustainability/ responsible sourcing, preferably in corporate or consulting roles. Experience in one or more of twentyfifty’s focus sectors is desirable.
You are passionate about business as contributor to sustainable development, display a capability to identify, assess and develop practical responses to social and human rights impacts for our clients and enjoy the challenge of finding solutions to complex problems in implementing responsible business practices. You will have good knowledge of the business and human rights agenda and recent developments related to implementing the UN Guiding Principles in a business context. Ideally, you can bring deeper knowledge and experience in one or more specific areas: privacy, responsible procurement, worker engagement and/or modern slavery/forced labour to our projects.
Key tasks your role will involve:
- Deliver client projects under the supervision of our directors and senior staff
- Contribute to furthering the development of our methodologies for identifying and assessing human rights impacts in business operations and value chains and working with companies to integrate findings into project plans and other business practices
- Building and maintaining relationships with potential clients, and identifying opportunities for twentyfifty’s consultancy services
- Contributing to project proposals and participating in the sales process with clients
- Managing your project work, associates and experts working on client projects, to ensure client needs are met and margins realised from project activities
- Contributing to the development and facilitation of client workshops, multi-stakeholder events and training courses
- Developing further expertise in an area relevant for twentyfifty’s portfolio (e.g. privacy, responsible sourcing, modern slavery/forced labour, worker engagement)
- Management and administrative tasks relating to the business
- Communicating twentyfifty's work through different channels
- Participating in thought leadership development and profile raising activities for twentyfifty.
To apply for this position please send a CV and a short covering letter (highlighting any specialized knowledge or experience) to [email protected] before Friday 3 March. Interviews will be held in Berlin mid-March, and the start date will be April 2017.