Related stories and components
45 CSOs underline need for robust EU mandatory due diligence & directors' duties legislation in joint letter to Commissioner Reynders
Author: WWF, ECCJ, Global Witness, ShareAction, BHRRC & 40 others
...We, the undersigned organisations, would like to congratulate you for the very important announcement... that the Commission will propose legislation in 2021 on both corporate due diligence and directors’ duties..., taking into account ongoing...
- Related stories: EU Commissioner for Justice commits to legislation on mandatory due diligence for companies
- Related in-depth areas: Latest news on mandatory human rights due diligence
Commentary: Corporate crisis management teams should use human rights specialists to ensure ethical responses to COVID-19
Author: Ron Popper, Global Business Initiative for Human Rights
“Pandemic shows need to integrate human rights specialists in crisis management teams”, 20 April 2020...
- Related stories: Human rights guidance & tools for companies during COVID-19
- Related in-depth areas: COVID-19 (Coronavirus) Outbreak COVID-19 (Coronavirus) Outbreak: Government & business response
Commentary: Investors can encourage responsible corporate governance & policies during COVID-19 outbreak
Author: Peter Webster, Eiris Foundation
“How can responsible investor engagement help with Coronavirus”, 18 March 2020...
- Related stories: COVID-19: Govts. & financiers increasingly urge companies to use (emergency) funds to support stakeholders not shareholders
- Related in-depth areas: COVID-19 (Coronavirus) Outbreak
Brazil: Vale to create compliance department to oversee integrity, internal audits and whistleblower channel
Author: Bruno Venditti, Mining.com
"Vale to create compliance department after Brumadinho", 11 March 2020....
Author: Marina Fabre, Novethic (France) (copyright: www.novethic.fr)
« Goldman Sachs n'introduira plus en Bourse une entreprise sans femme dans son Conseil d’administration », 9 mars 2020...
- Related companies: Goldman Sachs
Rathbones Investment Management uses BHRRC Modern Slavery Registry to assess & engage FTSE 350 companies
The 2015 Modern Slavery Act was a landmark piece of legislation, requiring all companies over a certain size operating in the UK to report in detail on their approach to finding and eliminating modern slavery within their supply chains. The Business...
Author: Julie Goldsmith Reiser, Financial Times
"Boards must be held accountable for sexual harassment scandals," 1 Jan 2020 [Subscription required]...
- Related in-depth areas: Latest Legal News
Australia: Westpac accused of multiple legal breaches, allegedly allowing customers to pay for child sexual abuse
The Australian Transaction Reports and Analysis Centre (Austrac) has accused Westpac of multiple legal breaches which allowed its customers to pay for overseas child abuse unchallenged, highlighting the importance of transnational cooperation. Westpac...