Statements by business people
Related stories and components
USA: Landmark Supreme Court decision rules that employers cannot discriminate against LGBTQ+ workers
On 15 July 2020, the US Supreme ruled that employers who terminate workers' employment on account of their sexual orientation or gender identity are in breach of civil rights laws. The case centred on Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, which b...
UK: Almost 200 CEOs sign letter to Boris Johnson, calling on govt. to deliver a green recovery plan in the wake of COVID-19
Author: Jillian Ambrose, The Guardian
“Top business leaders call on Boris Johnson to set out green recovery plan”, 1 June 2020...
- Related in-depth areas: COVID-19 (Coronavirus) Outbreak: Government & business response
- Related companies: Aviva BP British Airports Authority (now Heathrow Airport Holdings) HSBC Lloyds Group National Grid
Author: Andreas Ronken, Alfred Ritter GmbH & Co. KG
Unser Bestreben ist Wirtschaften im Einklang mit Mensch und Natur. Von beiden hängen wir ab: den natürlichen Rohstoffen, die bei jeder Tafel Ritter Sport buchstäblich aus der ganzen Welt kommen wie den Menschen, die diese Rohstoffe anbauen. Hinzu kommt...
Philippines: Del Monte, Dole, and IFC commit to protect HRDs by reviewing policies and practices in supply chain
Author: Global Witness
"Six Months On: Defending the Philippines," 04 May 2020...
- Related stories: Philippines: Alarming number of fatal attacks against environmental defenders related to agribusiness, mining & logging
- Related in-depth areas: Latest news on human rights defenders
- Related companies: Del Monte Foods Dolefil (Dole Philippines) (part of Itochu)
Author: The Jakarta Post
"Companies launch campaigns to educate customers about COVID-19", 18 March 2020...
- Related in-depth areas: COVID-19 (Coronavirus) Outbreak COVID-19 (Coronavirus) Outbreak: Government & business response
Philippines: Business groups urge Congress to spend more & help vulnerable communities as COVID-19 has left millions jobless
Author: Roy Stephen C. Canivel, Philippine Daily Inquirer
"Business groups urge gov't action to avert 'social tensions'", 21 March 2020...
80 investors worth over $200 billion release statement of support for the BankTrack Human Rights Benchmark
Author: Investor Alliance for Human Rights & group of 80 investors
“Investors with over US$200b support BankTrack Human Rights Benchmark”, 17 March 2020...
Author: Freedom for All Americans
"Business Statement on Anti-LGBTQ State Legislation", 11 March 2020...
- Related stories: USA: Google, Apple, Amazon & 40 other companies sign open letter opposing anti-LGBTQ legislation
- Related in-depth areas: Latest news: CEO activism and other positive business initiatives to protect civic freedoms
- Related companies: AAA International Airbnb Alphabet Amalgamated Bank Amazon.com American Airlines (AMR) American Eagle Outfitters Apple Asana AT&T Bayer Ben & Jerry's (part of Unilever) Boehringer Ingelheim Capital One Corning Danone Dow Dropbox Eastern Bank Google (part of Alphabet) Hilton HP (Hewlett-Packard) IBM IKEA Instacart Levi Strauss Lush Lyft Marriott Mars MassMutual Microsoft Mobilize Nestlé Nike PayPal Salesforce.com SunLife Technet Trillium Corporation Uber Unilever
Australia: Rio Tinto will invest $1.5 billion to reduce greenhouse gas emissions & become carbon-neutral by 2050
Author: Nick Toscano, The Sydney Morning Herald
"Rio Tinto pledges $1.5 billion to be 'carbon neutral' by 2050", 26 February 2020...
- Related companies: Rio Tinto