Support for initiatives promoting development and economic/social rights
Explore categories within this category
Related stories and components
Pillar Two compiles resources for companies & investors to navigate responsibility to respect human rights during COVID-19 pandemic
Author: Pillar Two
"Managing human rights risks during and after Covid-19", 02 Apr 2020...
- Related in-depth areas: COVID-19 (Coronavirus) Outbreak: Government & business response
ERGO Network calls on employers to actively support Roma youth employment & truly inclusive workplaces
Author: ERGO Network
“Place for All: Inclusive work spaces are good for employers, employees & society”, 24 March 2020...
Author: Nancy Agutu, The Star (Kenya)
"Covid-19: Airtel offers free internet access to learning website"...
- Related stories: Kenya: How businesses are responding to COVID-19 pandemic
- Related companies: Airtel Kenya
Commentary: Investors can encourage responsible corporate governance & policies during COVID-19 outbreak
Author: Peter Webster, Eiris Foundation
“How can responsible investor engagement help with Coronavirus”, 18 March 2020...
- Related in-depth areas: COVID-19 (Coronavirus) Outbreak
80 investors worth over $200 billion release statement of support for the BankTrack Human Rights Benchmark
Author: Investor Alliance for Human Rights & group of 80 investors
“Investors with over US$200b support BankTrack Human Rights Benchmark”, 17 March 2020...
Author: Freedom for All Americans
"Business Statement on Anti-LGBTQ State Legislation", 11 March 2020...
- Related in-depth areas: Latest news: CEO activism and other positive business initiatives to protect civic freedoms
- Related companies: AAA International Airbnb Alphabet Amalgamated Bank Amazon.com American Airlines American Eagle Outfitters Apple Asana AT&T Bayer Ben & Jerry's (part of Unilever) Boehringer Ingelheim Capital One Corning Danone Dow Dropbox Eastern Bank Google (part of Alphabet) Hilton HP (Hewlett-Packard) IBM IKEA Instacart Levi Strauss Lush Lyft Marriott Mars MassMutual Microsoft Mobilize Nestlé Nike PayPal Salesforce.com SunLife Technet Trillium Corporation Uber Unilever
Increasing use of public-private partnerships sets off "alarm bells" for women rights activists, says report
Author: Gender & Development Network
"The impact of PPPs on gender equality and women’s rights", February 2020...
- Related in-depth areas: Gender, Business & Human Rights
Rathbones Investment Management uses BHRRC Modern Slavery Registry to assess & engage FTSE 350 companies
The 2015 Modern Slavery Act was a landmark piece of legislation, requiring all companies over a certain size operating in the UK to report in detail on their approach to finding and eliminating modern slavery within their supply chains. The Business...