- "Women's Empowerment Principles"
- Author: UN Global Compact, UNIFEM
- [PDF] "Putting gender on the business & human rights agenda – scoping paper"
- Author and date: Kathryn Dovey, Director of Global Business Initiative on Human Rights and consultant to Realizing Rights: The Ethical Globalization Initiative, 2009
- [PDF] "Integrating a gender perspective into the UN 'Protect, Respect and Remedy' framework," summary of consultation in New York, 29 Jun 2009
- [PDF] "The Corporate Gender Gap Report 2010" - see survey questions on pg. 4, which the World Economic Forum says can "serve as a useful tool from which companies can design their own effective measures for reducing gender gaps"
- Author and date: World Economic Forum, 2010
- "Gender Equality Principles Initiative"
An initaitive of San Francisco Dept. on the Status of Women, Calvert, Verite
Sector / area - specific guidance
[PDF] "Gender and International Financial Institutions - A Guide for Civil Society"
- Author and date: CEE Bankwatch, July 2011
- "HER project"
- Author: Business for Social Responsibility. "HERproject’s mission is to promote and catalyze sustainable partnerships in emerging economies to improve women workers’ general and reproductive health"
- [PDF] "Women, communities and mining: The gender impacts of mining and the role of gender impact assessment"
- Author and date: Oxfam Australia, 2009
- [PDF] "Embedding Gender in Sustainability Reporting - A Practitioner’s Guide"
- Author and date: Global Reporting Initiative and Intl. Finance Corporation, 2009
- "Modern devices, outdated practices - Gender perspectives on trade and CSR in the electronics supply chain"
- Author and date: SOMO, 2009
Guidance by companies
- Rio Tinto: [PDF] "Why gender matters - A resource guide for integrating gender considerations into Communities work at Rio Tinto"
- Español: [PDF] Por qué importa el género: Guía de recursos para integrar las consideraciones en materia de género en el trabajo del equipo de Comunidades de Río Tinto
- Français: [PDF] Pourquoi les relations de genre importent elles? Guide pratique pour l’intégration des considérations liées à l’égalité entre les hommes et les femmes dans le travail des relations communautaires chez Rio Tinto
Related stories and components
The International Labour Organization’s Regional Office for Arab States (ROAS) and Fafo Institute for Labour and Social Research (Oslo, Norway) have carried out an assessment to identify the impact of the Covid-19 crisis on the most vulnerable workers...
Author: Lewis Ndichu, China Daily
‘Africa's female farmers need better access to resources’ 1 April 2020...
Author: Dineo Faku, Business Report (South Africa)
‘Campaign to end sexual violence in mines begins’ 5 March 2020...
Author: Mining Index (Zimbabwe)
‘A call to end myths that prohibit women from mining during their menstrual cycle – ZELA’ 11 March 2020...
Author: Gibson Mhaka, Chronicle (Zimbabwe)
‘Gender inequality, health and safety of women in small-scale mining’ 18 February 2020...
Author: Deutsche Welle
"Sexual harassment on the rise in German workplace: study", 25 October 2019...
Lesotho: Women's rights alliance group pressures Taiwanese factory into pact to end gender-based sexual harassment & violence at its plants
Author: Mark Gruenberg, Peoplesworld (USA)
‘Groups force Lesotho clothing factories owner to end gender-based violence’ 3 September 2019...
Impact Assessment and Project Appraisal (IAPA) Journal opens call for papers on gender in impact assessment & management (due 30 Aug)
Author: Taylor & Francis Group
"Gender in impact assessment & management: a new special issue proposal from Impact Assessment and Project Appraisal", May 2019...
- Related in-depth areas: Gender
- Related stories: Japan: Need to ensure better representation of women in managerial positions
- Related in-depth areas: Gender
- Related companies: Itochu
Author: Margot Wallström, UN special representative on sexual violence in conflict, in Guardian [UK]
What does the financial reform package recently signed into law in the US have to do with preventing mass rape in Africa? Quite a lot, it seems...Conflict minerals help finance fighting and sexual violence on an unprecedented scale in the Democratic...