Member of UN Global Compact
Headquarters in USA
Companies step up to address global shortages of medical equipment and supplies in response to COVID-19
Author: Marguerite Ward, Business Insider (USA)
Tesla, Apple, and Ford are stepping up to address global shortages of ventilators, hand sanitizer, face masks, and gowns. Here's a running list of companies helping out, 27 March 2020...
- Related in-depth areas: COVID-19 (Coronavirus) Outbreak: Government & business response
- Related companies: 3M Apple Brandon Maxwell Brooks Brothers Christian Siriano Dyson Ford General Electric (GE) General Motors Inditex LVMH Moët Hennessy – Louis Vuitton Pernod Ricard Prada Prudential Financial Tesla Motors Unilever Ventec Life Systems Virgin Group Zara (part of Inditex)
Author: Expansión (México)
“Ford y GM dejan atrás la producción de autos para fabricar ventiladores”, 30 de marzo de 2020...
- Related in-depth areas: Brote de COVID-19 (Coronavirus) Brote de COVID-19 (Coronavirus): respuesta gubernamental y de las empresas
- Related companies: Ford General Motors
Commentary: Trump must invoke Defence Production Act to initiate private sector production of essential items amid COVID-19 outbreak
Author: Michael Posner, Forbes
“Why the Federal Government needs to lead on COVID-19”, 22 March 2020...
Jaguar Land Rover follows other major European & US car-makers, suspending UK operations amid COVID-19 concerns
Author: Financial Times
"Jaguar Land Rover to suspend operations at all UK plants", 19 March 2020...
China: 83 major brands implicated in report on forced labour of ethnic minorities from Xinjiang assigned to factories across provinces; Includes company responses
In March 2020, the Australian Strategic Policy Institute (ASPI) published a report Uyghurs for sale: ‘Re-education’, forced labour and surveillance beyond Xinjiang, which identified 83 foreign and Chinese companies as allegedly directly or indirectly...
Author: Australian Strategic Policy Institute
[The Australian Strategic Policy Institute published a report entitled "Uyghurs for sale - ‘Re-education’, forced labour and surveillance beyond Xinjiang" in February 2020.]...
- Related stories: China: 83 major brands implicated in report on forced labour of ethnic minorities from Xinjiang assigned to factories across provinces
- Related companies: Abercrombie & Fitch Acer adidas Alstom Amazon.com Apple Asus BMW Bombardier Bosch BYD Calvin Klein (part of PVH) Carter's Changan Cisco Systems CRRC Dell Electrolux Fila Gap Geely General Electric General Motors Google (part of Alphabet) H&M Haier Hisense Co. Hitachi HP (Hewlett-Packard) HTC Huawei Technologies L.L.Bean Lacoste (part of Devanlay) Land Rover (part of Tata Group) Lenovo LG Electronics (part of LG Corp.) Li Ning Marks & Spencer Mercedes-Benz (part of Daimler) Microsoft Mitsubishi Group Nike Nintendo Nokia North Face (part of VF Corp) Oppo Electronics Panasonic Polo Ralph Lauren Puma Samsung Sharp Siemens Skechers Sony TDK Tommy Hilfiger (part of PVH) Toshiba Tsinghua Tongfang Uniqlo (part of Fast Retailing) Victoria's Secret (part of Limited Brands) Volkswagen Xiaomi Zara (part of Inditex) ZTE
Author: World Benchmarking Alliance
The Automotive Benchmark measures and ranks the world’s leading auto manufacturers. Will they meet the below 2°C warming limit goal set by the Paris Agreement? Are they doing what’s necessary to move to a low carbon economy?...
- Related stories: Latest news on COP25 climate discussions
- Related in-depth areas: Mitigation Responsible public policy
- Related companies: BMW Daimler Dongfeng Motor FAW Fiat Chrysler Ford Geely General Motors Honda Hyundai Motor (part of Hyundai Kia Motor) Mazda Mitsubishi Group Nissan PSA Peugeot-Citroën Renault Shanghai Automotive Industry Corporation (SAIC) Suzuki Tata Motors (part of Tata Group) Tesla Motors Toyota Volkswagen
"Voting Matters: Are asset managers using their proxy votes for climate action?", November 2019...
- Related in-depth areas: Investors
- Related companies: Allianz Aviva AXA BlackRock BMO Global Capital Group Chevron Duke Energy ExxonMobil Fidelity Investments Ford Franklin Templeton General Motors Goldman Sachs HSBC JPMorgan Chase Manulife Financial Metlife Northern Trust SMBC Nikko Securities State Street T. Rowe Price Vanguard
Author: Cecilia Jamasmie, Mining.com
"Europe-led global certification scheme for raw materials expected in 2020," 30 October 2019....