Head of Quality and Factory Services - P5
International Labour Organization - BETTERWORK
- Location: Bangkok
- Contract Type: FT - Fixed-term appointment (one year renewable contract subject to funding)
- Closing Date: 07/10/2016
The incumbent of the position will oversee the Better Work global team of core service technical specialists (including assessment, advisory, training, industrial relations, management systems, legal oversight, quality assurance, and IT systems) in Bangkok. He/she will lead the technical specialists in Geneva (legal oversight and industrial relations).
S/he will oversee specific projects that relate to core services work (e.g. environmental services, fire and building safety, productivity, etc.) in order to deliver Better Work's objectives.
He/she will contribute to the leadership and strategic development of the Better Work Programme as a member of the programme's senior management team and work closely with the Better Work Director and Asia Pacific Regional Management to ensure consistency and coordination of advice and support from the Global team to country programmes.
S/he will represent the Better Work Programme in ROAP working closely with the Regional Director ROAP to ensure effective coordination and integration with ROAP strategy. The incumbent of the position will work under the direct supervision of the Deputy Director of ROAP, who is also the Responsible Chief. The functions of the Technical Reviewing Chief will be performed by the Better Work Chief at Headquarters and the Regional Director of ROAP is the Higher Level Chief.
1. Lead the Better Work team of Technical Specialists in Bangkok and Geneva to ensure that technical excellence, coherent strategies and advice are provided to country programmes for the delivery of in-factory services. Ensure effective quality assurance of in-country services.
2. As a member of the Senior Management Team of Better Work Global, actively contribute to the development and implementation of the Better Work programme including: proposing and developing strategies and policies to promote cooperation with other Better Work and other ILO and IFC programmes to maximize impacts.
3. Take overall responsibility for representing the Better Work Programme in the ROAP and in particular work closely with the Regional Director and the Director of the DWCT to ensure effective programme implementation integrated in ROAP strategy and accountability to the CD's. Participate as a member of the ROAP Senior Management Team.
4. Responsible for ensuring the effective design and implementation of work plans and evaluate the efficiency and effectiveness of the activities under incumbent's direct supervision, establishing performance objectives for staff and monitoring their achievement.
5. Overall responsibility for the efficient management of budgets for all core services activities in the Better Work Global programme to support country programme operations.
6. Ensure effective coordination, monitoring and evaluation of programme activities in these regions and in the global staff team and contribute to the Better Work monitoring and evaluation strategy in this field.
7. Ensure good communication between the Country Programme staff and Better Work Global core services staff and relevant ILO/IFC colleagues.
8. Provide high-level policy advice to ILO's internal constituents in ROAP on BW practice and procedures with a particular focus on supply chain management and technical proficiencies of the unit
9. Represent Better Work at donors' meetings, buyers' fora and at international, regional and national fora.