Información en Español - ver abajo. Contenu en Français : voir ci-dessous
- Exposure draft: Guide for Business on Indigenous People's Rights
Author and date: UN Global Compact 2013
- [PDF] "Why cultural heritage matters - A resource guide for integrating cultural heritage management into Communities work at Rio Tinto", 2011
- [PDF] "Indigenous and tribal people’s rights in practice: A guide to Convention 169"
- Author and date: ILO, 2009
- [PDF] "The Right to Decide - The Importance of respecting free, prior and informed consent"
Author and date: Amazon Watch, 2011
- [PDF] "Implementing a Corporate Free, Prior, and Informed Consent Policy: Benefits and Challenges"
- Author and date: Foley Hoag LLP, commissioned by Talisman Energy, 2010
- [PDF] "Indigenous peoples and industrial corporations"
- Author and date: UN Permanent Forum on Indigenous Peoples, 2009
- [PDF] "Good Practice Guide - Indigenous Peoples and Mining"
- Author and date: Intl. Council for Mining & Metals, Oct 2010
- "Indigenous peoples"
- UN Special Representative on business & human rights online consultation on the corporate responsibility to respect human rights
- [PDF] "ILO Convention 169 and the Private Sector – Questions and Answers for IFC Clients"
- Author and date: IFC, prepared in conjunction with the ILO, 2007
- "Los Derechos de los Pueblos Indígenas y Tribales en la Práctica: Una Guía sobre el Convenio núm. 169 de la OIT"
- Organización Internacional del Trabajo
- [PDF] "Norma de Desempeño 7 - Pueblos Indígenas"
- [PDF] "Nota de Orientación 7 - Pueblos Indígenas"
- [PDF] "El Convenio 169 de la OIT y el Sector Privado - Preguntas y respuestas para los clientes de la IFC"
- Corporación Financiera Internacional
- [PDF] "Por qué importa el Patrimonio Cultural: Guía de recursos para integrar la Gestión de Patrimonio Cultural en el trabajo De Comunidades de Rio Tinto", 2011
- "Les droits des peuples autochtones et tribaux dans la pratique"
- Organisation Internationale du Travail
- [PDF] "Critères de Performance 7 - Populations Autochtones"
- [PDF] "Recommandation 7 - Populations autochtones"
- Société financière internationale
- [PDF] "Pourquoi le patrimoine culturel importe-t-il? Guide pratique pour intégrer la gestion du patrimoine culturel dans le travail auprès des communautés chez Rio Tinto", 2011
Related stories and components
Author: ABC News
“Santiago Manuin, tireless defender of the Amazon rainforest, succumbs to COVID-19” – 2 July 2020...
EU-MERCOSUR Trade Deal threatens environmental human rights in South America, according to Intl. NGOs
“Planned EU Trade Deal with MERCOSUR threatens climate, environmental protection and human rights” – 26 June 2020...
Peru: Important bill to protect Indigenous communities from oil industry growth to be voted on shortly
"Peru indigenous leaders push quick Amazon protection vote, defying oil industry" - 22 June 2020...
Recently, there has been a spate of mining companies destroying or planning to destroy sacred sites for mining. The laws that recognise Aboriginal title to land across Australia often impose conditions on ownership, hampering Aboriginal people’s...
Liberia: 22 communities file complaint against Salala Rubber to IFC's Compliance Advisor Ombudsman; alleged abuses include forced eviction & loss of livelihoods
Author: Green Advocates International, in Front Fage Africa (Liberia)
"Liberia: Salala Rubber Corporation (SRC) Under Fire, as 22 Communities Complained of Abuses"...
Author: Chhaya Devi Complex
"Chhaya Center is a Private Property by default for last 110 years and came to our acquisition only in 2007/08 where a multifunctional Tourism Business Complex has been constructed and operational now. Yes, there has been issues with few groups of...
- Related stories: Nepal: Land rights campaign alleges Chhaya Center commercial complex violates rights of Newa indigenous community; companies respond
- Related in-depth areas: Indigenous peoples
- This is a response from the following companies: Chhaya Devi Complex (Chhaya Center)
Nepal: Land rights campaign alleges Chhaya Center commercial complex violates rights of Newa indigenous community; companies respond
A land rights campaign group issued a statement alleging that Chhaya Center "violate[s] various rights of the indigenous Newa community in Thamel under the ILO Convention 169 and the UN Declaration on the Rights of Indigenous Peoples that apply to...
Kenya: Locals in oil-rich Turkana claim only the elite have benefited from Tullow Oil's operations; company comments
Author: Daily Nation (Kenya)
"Villagers left high and dry as Tullow breaks promise"...
Chile: Court upholds complaint from indigenous communities against SQM over water usage rights linked to lithium mining
Author: Reuters and Mining.com
"SQM dealt blow by environmental court ruling", 27 December 2019....