International standards & introductory material on abduction: click here
Articles & reports from a range of sources are below.
Related stories and components
"Nicaragua: Reporte independiente expone intereses detrás de violencia y despojo territorial del Pueblo Mískitu", 29 de abril de 2020...
- Related in-depth areas: Últimas noticias sobre defensoras/es
Author: Wayka (Perú)
“Cusco: Fiscalía pide 9 meses de prisión preventiva para dirigentes sociales en Espinar” – 3 de febrero de 2020...
- Related stories: Perú: Fiscalía pide 9 meses de prisión preventiva para líderes sociales acusados de secuestro de personal de Prosegur en minera Las Bambas
- Related in-depth areas: Chinese investment overseas Últimas noticias legales Últimas noticias sobre defensoras/es
- Related companies: China Minmetals Las Bambas (part of MMG) Minerals and Metals Group (MMG) (part of China Minmetals) Prosegur
Philippines: Sixty-seven gambling-related abductions directly linked to offshore gaming operators that cater to gamblers in China
Author: Alan Robles, South China Morning Post
"A Chinese crime wave hits Duterte's Philippines as Pogos grow unchecked", 27 December 2019...
Democratic Republic of Congo: Community leader Mongulu Boyoha Alphonse & son arrested, allegedly following a complaint from Feronia
A long-standing land conflict with Plantations et Huileries du Congo (PHC), a subsidiary of Canadian company, Feronia Inc., resulted in arrests of community leaders in late October 2019. PHC-Feronia operates three long-established palm oil plantations...
Author: RIAO-RDC, Farm Land Grab
Community leaders and traditional chiefs in areas affected by the plantations of Canadian company PHC-Feronia in the Democratic Republic of Congo (DRC) continue to suffer... human rights violations committed by the company and its accomplices in the...
- Related stories: Democratic Republic of Congo: Community leader Mongulu Boyoha Alphonse & son arrested, allegedly following a complaint from Feronia
- Related in-depth areas: Latest news on human rights defenders
- Related companies: Feronia
Commentary: Court’s reasoning in Ford trial over abduction & torture of workers during Argentina military dictatorship
Author: Victoria Basualdo, National Council of Scientific and Technological Research (CONICET) & FLACSO Argentina, on Justice Info.net
"The Ford Trial in Argentina, a Workers’ Victory", 1 Apr 2019...