International standards & introductory material on abduction: click here
Articles & reports from a range of sources are below.
Related stories and components
Democratic Republic of Congo: Community leader Mongulu Boyoha Alphonse & son arrested, allegedly following a complaint from Feronia
A long-standing land conflict with Plantations et Huileries du Congo (PHC), a subsidiary of Canadian company, Feronia Inc., resulted in arrests of community leaders in late October 2019. PHC-Feronia operates three long-established palm oil plantations...
Author: RIAO-RDC, Farm Land Grab
Community leaders and traditional chiefs in areas affected by the plantations of Canadian company PHC-Feronia in the Democratic Republic of Congo (DRC) continue to suffer... human rights violations committed by the company and its accomplices in the...
- Related stories: Democratic Republic of Congo: Community leader Mongulu Boyoha Alphonse & son arrested, allegedly following a complaint from Feronia
- Related in-depth areas: Latest news on human rights defenders
- Related companies: Feronia
Commentary: Court’s reasoning in Ford trial over abduction & torture of workers during Argentina military dictatorship
Author: Victoria Basualdo, National Council of Scientific and Technological Research (CONICET) & FLACSO Argentina, on Justice Info.net
"The Ford Trial in Argentina, a Workers’ Victory", 1 Apr 2019...
Argentina: Two ex-Ford executives convicted over abduction & torture of co. workers during military dictatorship
Author: Uki Goñi, The Guardian
"Argentina: two ex-Ford executives convicted in torture case", 11 Dec 2018...
Commentary: ICC prosecution for crimes committed by Chiquita Banana employees in Columbia will most likely fail
Author: Caleb Wheeler, Rights as Usual
« Evaluating the Likelihood of an ICC Prosecution for Crimes Committed by Chiquita Banana Employees in Colombia », 9 September 2018...
- Related companies: Chiquita
“Entre coacción y colaboración: Verdad judicial, actores económicos y conflicto armado en Colombia” - 8 de agosto de 2018...
- Related stories: Colombia: Informe de ONG señala que intereses empresariales estarían desplazando y acaparando tierras en la Orinoquía Informe de Banktrack explora las responsabilidades de la banca por presunta contribución de sus fondos a violaciones de derechos humanos
- Related in-depth areas: Últimas noticias legales Últimas noticias sobre recursos naturales
- Related companies: Banacol Chiquita Del Monte Foods Drummond Ecopetrol LafargeHolcim Organización Ardila Lülle Poligrow Postobón (part of Organización Ardila Lülle)