International standards & introductory material on racial/ethnic/caste/origin discrimination: click here
Articles & reports from a range of sources are below.
Related stories and components
China: OECD Contact Point complaint filed against UBS over business relationship with Hikvision, company which enables mass surveillance of Uyghurs
The Society for Threatened Peoples (STP) announced in late June that it was filing a complaint with the Swiss National Contact Point for the OECD Guidelines against the Swiss bank UBS, which, according to STP claims, maintains a business relationship...
China: Society for Threatened Peoples files OECD Contact Point complaint filed against UBS over maintaining business relationship with Hikvision
Author: Society for Threatened Peoples (STP)
"Mass surveillance of the Uyghurs: STP files complaint against UBS", 22 Jun 2020...
- Related stories: China: OECD Contact Point complaint filed against UBS over business relationship with Hikvision, company which enables mass surveillance of Uyghurs
- Related in-depth areas: Technology and Human Rights: Digital Freedom
- Related companies: Hikvision UBS
Independent audit of Facebook finds that some decisions were "significant setbacks for civil rights"; incl. company comments
In July 2020, Facebook released the results of an independent audit on the state of civil rights at the company, covering issues from hate speech to advertising to algorithmic bias....
NGO and corporate members of the Voluntary Principles Initiative urge for respect of human rights in public security organizations
In July 2020, corporate and NGO members of the Voluntary Principles Initiative released a Joint Statement on Policing and Respect for Human Rights. Following weeks of demonstrations around the world condemning police brutality and systemic racism...
Facebook CEO agrees to meet with organizers of massive Facebook advertising boycott over hate-speech, supported by multinationals
Author: Sheila Dang & Katie Paul (Reuters) in Business Insider
"Mark Zuckerberg has agreed to meet with the civil rights groups that sparked a massive Facebook advertising boycott", 01 Jul 2020...
- Related stories: Hundreds of companies pause advertising on Facebook as part of civil society campaign to stop spread of hate & discrimination on the platform
- Related in-depth areas: Latest news on human rights defenders Latest news: CEO activism and other positive business initiatives to protect civic freedoms
- Related companies: Coca-Cola Facebook Ford Instagram (part of Facebook) Starbucks Twitter Verizon
More than 1,000 companies pause advertising on Facebook as part of civil society campaign to stop spread of hate & discrimination on the platform
On June 17, 2020 the Stop Hate for Profit campaign asked companies to act against hate and disinformation being spread by Facebook by temporarily pausing advertising on Facebook and Instagram. The campaign includes ADL, Color of Change, Common Sense,...