Explore categories within this category
- Environment: General
- Climate change
- Environmental discrimination
- Why environmental issues are human rights issues
Related stories and components
Author: Max Avary & Richard Finney, Radio Free Asia
"Lao River Clogged With Trash From Chinese Banana Farms", 3 February 2020...
- Related in-depth areas: Chinese investment overseas
Fiji: Australian miner defends proposed sand extraction project as petition to stop issue of licence raises local support
Author: Fonua Talei, Fiji Sun
"Sand Mining Plan At Sigatoka Rive Row Erupts", 12 February 2020...
Author: Reuters & The Guardian
"Brazil's Bolsonaro unveils bill to allow commercial mining on indigenous land", 6 February 2020....
Myanmar: Protesters urge closure of the military-run Myaing Kalay cement factory for allegedly causing water contamination
Author: Myat Moe Aung, Myanmar Times
"Kayin villagers blame black water on factory", 28 January 2020 [...] The protesters called for the closure of the military-run Myaing Kalay cement factory... [...] Their top concern is the scarcity of clean water in the surrounding villages, which th...
Author: Somos el Medio (México)
“Protestan indígenas y ambientalistas de Colima contra empresa minera”, 31 de enero de 2020...
Australian bushfire victims and Friends of the Earth Australia file an Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development Guidelines complaint with the Australian National Contact Point against Australia and New Zealand Banking Group (ANZ Bank)...
Papua New Guinea: Barrick Gold set to elevate Porgera mine as top-tier asset despite environmental & social objections
Author: Jeff Lewis & Melanie Burton, Reuters
"Barrick Gold forges ahead on Papua New Guinea mine in face of local backlash", 16 January 2020...
42 organisations and companies agree on guiding principles for the creation of sustainable batteries by 2030
Author: Modern Diplomacy
"42 Global Organizations Agree on Guiding Principles for Batteries to Power Sustainable Energy Transition", 23 January 2020....
- Related in-depth areas: Climate justice Latest news on natural resources Natural Resources Renewable energy & human rights
- Related companies: Analog Devices Audi (part of Volkswagen) BASF BMW Enel Envision Eurasian Resources Group (ERG) Fairphone Greentech Capital Advisors Honda Johnson Matthey LeasePlan Renault SGS SK Innovation Sociedad Química y Minera de Chile (SQM) Umicore Volkswagen Volvo Group
Author: Dom Phillips, The Guardian
Brazilian prosecutors have charged 16 people – including the former CEO of mining giant Vale – with murder and environmental crimes over the collapse of a tailings dam which killed 270 people on 25 January 2019....
- Related stories: Brazil: Former Vale CEO charged with homicide for dam collapse, as TUV SUD is charged with environmental crimes
- Related in-depth areas: Latest Legal News
- Related companies: TÜV Süd Vale