International standards on illness: click here
Related stories and components
Author: Observatorio de Conflictos Mineros de América Latina
“Sindicatos de minera Antapaccay demandan fiscalización de las autoridades frente a contagios de Covid-19" - 31 de julio de 2020...
- Related in-depth areas: Brote de COVID-19 (Coronavirus) Brote de COVID-19 (coronavirus): personas trabajadoras de cadenas de suministro
- Related companies: Glencore
Author: International Labour Association
"A safe and healthy return to work during the COVID-19 pandemic"...
- Related in-depth areas: COVID-19 (Coronavirus) Outbreak
Author: Observatorio de Conflictos Mineros de América Latina, OCMAL
“1er Informe de la Red de Vigilancia de OCMAL sobre minería y Covid-19" - 22 de julio de 2020...
- Related in-depth areas: Brote de COVID-19 (Coronavirus) Brote de COVID-19 (coronavirus): personas trabajadoras de cadenas de suministro Chinese investment overseas
- Related companies: BHP (formerly BHP Billiton) Cerrejón Coal (joint venture Anglo American, BHP & Glencore) China Railway Construction Codelco Corriente Resources (joint venture Tongling Nonferrous Metals, China Railway Construction Corporation & CRCC-Tongguan Investment) Explorcobres, EXSA (part of Corriente Resources) Glencore Tongling Nonferrous Metals (SOE)
Author: CGTN Africa
Two dead in western Tanzania’s mine accident...
Author: CGTN Africa
"Two dead in western Tanzania’s mine accident"...
On 24 July 2020 Engineers Against Poverty released a critical analysis of Mega Sporting Events (MSEs) and called for a redesign of MSE bidding rules to break the cycle of labour abuse associated with these events.
Author: Francis Owtram, Annemarie Profanter, Elena Maestri, Open Democracy
Oman, like other Gulf states, has used migrant workers to achieve its development goals but has consistently failed to give back...The government of Oman has used the pandemic to accelerate its Omanization programme and the number of migrant workers in...
- Related in-depth areas: COVID-19 (Coronavirus) Outbreak: Migrant workers
Judgment in the Environment and Land Court at Mombasa in the Owinouhuru community vs. Metal Refinery
Author: Republic of Kenya in the Environment and Land Court
- Related stories: Metal Refinery (EPZ) lawsuit (re lead pollution in Kenya)
- Related in-depth areas: Latest Legal News
Author: Ibrahim Macharia, The Conversation (South Africa)
"Dangerous pesticide use: What must be done to protect the health of Kenyans"...