Related stories and components
The Pacific is an intensely resource-rich region where corporate human rights abuses have traditionally flown under-the-radar. The Pacific Business & Human Rights portal builds visibility and shines a light on corporate abuse in the region. It...
Author: Efi Koutsokosta, Euronews
"Joseph Stiglitz : 'Nous avons besoin d'un nouveau contrat social'", 18 novembre 2019...
- Related companies: ExxonMobil
Diverse set of countries pushing for international framework on tax to curb unfair effects of digitisation on fragile economies
Author: Marcello Estevão, The World Bank (writing for World Economic Forum)
"Pushing for tax fairness in a digital world", 20 November 2019...
- Related in-depth areas: Tax avoidance
315 civil society groups renew call for Equator Principles Financial Institutions to stop funding climate disaster & abuses of Indigenous rights
Author: Johan Frijns, BankTrack, on behalf of 315 civil society groups
“Letter to: Mr Beck, Chair of Steering Committee Equator Principles Association; All Equator Principles Financial Institutions (EPFIs)”, 13 November 2019...
CHRB claims Amazon, Costco & Starbucks amongst the worst at identifying and addressing human rights issues
Author: Jennifer Thompson, Financial Times
"Starbucks, Amazon and Costco rapped for weak human rights disclosure", 14 November 2019...
Author: Swedish Society for Nature Conservation (SSNC)
A new report released today by the Swedish Society for Nature Conservation (SSNC) clearly demonstrates that people who protect the environment and human rights are increasingly being monitored, threatened, harassed – and even murdered. ...
- Related stories: Major new report on environmental defenders finds 52% of defenders were harassed by companies
- Related in-depth areas: Latest news on human rights defenders Natural resources (land, water, forests)
Author: Nick Toscano, The Sunday Morning Herald
"PNG's Ok Tedi mine disaster money locked in new legal fight", 3 November 2019...
Author: Radio New Zealand
- Related stories: 巴布亚新几内亚：中国拥有的Ramu Nickel将200,000升有毒矿浆漏入海中；公司致力于解决赔偿问题
- Related in-depth areas: 中资企业海外投资
- Related companies: China Metallurgical (MCC)
Brazil: Operations at iron mine to resume, contingent on BHP & Vale safeguarding against another fatal dam collapse
Author: Marta Nogueira, Reuters
"Vale, BHP's Samarco gets license to resume operations after dam burst", 25 October 2019...
- Related stories: BHP Billiton & Vale lawsuit (re dam collapse in Brazil)
- Related companies: BHP Billiton Samarco (joint venture BHP Billiton and Vale) Vale
Author: Benjamin Robinson-Drawbridge, Radio New Zealand
"Controversial PNG mine reopens but locals unhappy", 30 October 2019. ...
- Related stories: Papua New Guinea: Chinese-owned Ramu Nickel spills 200,000 litres of toxic slurry into the sea; co. commits to address compensation
- Related in-depth areas: Chinese investment overseas Latest News on Pacific Business & Human Rights
- Related companies: China Metallurgical (MCC) Ramu Nickel