Related stories and components
UN High Commissioner calls on businesses to use Guiding Principles to remake their companies when recovering from the pandemic
Author: Office of the United Nations High Commissioner for Human Rights
"HC tells business leaders: build back better by focusing on the vulnerable," 18 Jun 2020 ...
- Related in-depth areas: COVID-19 (Coronavirus) Outbreak: Government & business response
Author: The Economist (UK)
6 June 2020...
Author: Tyler Sonnemaker, Business Insider
"Uber and Lyft drivers are now employees under California law, according to a new ruling from regulators," 10 June 2020...
Author: Adam Djibril, Manon Minaca et A.L., Guiti News
« Comment le confinement a compliqué la situation des travailleurs sans-papiers », 1er juin 2020....
CIVICUS says attempts to reassert austerity or prioritise needs of big business must be avoided in post-COVID recovery
Author: Sonia Elks, Thomson Reuters
"World urged to rebuild greener, more equal economies after coronavirus", 28 May 2020...
- Related stories: COVID-19: New types of protest, advocacy & demands from business-focused HRDs & groups
- Related in-depth areas: COVID-19 (Coronavirus) Outbreak: Government & business response COVID-19 (Coronavirus) Outbreak: Human rights defenders & civic freedoms Latest news on human rights defenders
Author: Owen Bowcott, The Guardian
Workers in the gig economy are being exposed to coronavirus infection because the government is failing to enforce EU safety at work regulations, a union has said....
- Related in-depth areas: COVID-19 (Coronavirus) Outbreak
Author: Wichit Chantanusornsiri, Bangkok Post
"Cash goes to 13.4m non-formal workers", 8 May 2020...
Latin America: Gig economy offers jobs for vulnerable migrants but often at the cost of fundamental labour rights
Author: Americas Quarterly
“The Gig Economy: A Lifeline for Latin American Migrants – or a Dead End?”, 20th April 2020...
Kenya: Uber drivers to earn less after company increases commission from three to 25 percent citing 'unprecedented times'
Author: Annie Njanja, Daily Nation (Kenya)
"Uber drivers face earnings drop as coronavirus bites"...
- Related in-depth areas: COVID-19 (Coronavirus) Outbreak: Government & business response Technology and Human Rights: Gig Economy
- Related companies: Uber