For more information on human rights impact assessments, including tools & guidance, see here.
Related stories and components
Armenia: UK & US Govt. allegedly pressured govt. to finish construction of controversial Amulsar gold mine, despite socio-environmental risks
Author: Thomas Rowley, openDemocracy (UK)
"Armenia ‘under pressure’ from UK and US over mining dispute, says EU report", 5 May 2020 An internal report by the European Union Delegation to Armenia states that the UK and US have pressured the country over a controversial gold mining project, ope...
- Related companies: Lydian International
Author: China Dialogue
“In Croatia, China’s building its bridge to Europe”, 11 May 2020...
- Related stories: Croatia: Pelješac Bridge is a showcase for Chinese overseas construction projects, blogger says
- Related in-depth areas: Chinese investment overseas
- Related companies: China Road & Bridge
China: Statement by 265 CSOs urges COVID-19 relief fund for BRI to only consider projects meeting criteria safeguarding people's rights and environment
In response to the COVID-19 pandemic, in February 2020, China’s Ministry of Commerce and the China Development Bank jointly issued a notice creating a mechanism for directing finance to Belt and Road projects that have been impacted by COVID-19,...
265 Civil Society Groups Call on Chinese Authorities to Ensure that Covid-19 Financial Relief Does Not Bail Out Harmful Projects
Author: Inclusive Development International
“265 Civil Society Groups Call on Chinese Authorities to Ensure that Covid-19 Financial Relief Does Not Bail Out Harmful Projects”, 30 April 2020...
Peru: Local communities file suit challenging agreements between Chinese mining company and local police
Author: Leslie Moreno Custodio, Diálogo Chino (United Kingdom)
"Peruvian police pacts with Chinese mining company threaten to undermine state authority", 4 May 2020...
- Related stories: Perú: Autoridades declaran estado de emergencia por 30 días en sede de minera Las Bambas por protestas comunitarias
- Related in-depth areas: Chinese investment overseas Latest Legal News Natural Resources
- Related companies: China International Trust and Investment (CITIC) Las Bambas (part of MMG) Minerals and Metals Group (MMG) (part of China Minmetals)
Slovenia: Civil society denounces government using anti-COVID 19 law to facilitate investments in environmentally damaging projects
Author: EKO KROG – društvo za naravovarstvo in okoljevarstvo & other organizations
"Statement by non-governmental organizations about the article 42 of the new anti-COVID 19 law", 23 Apr 2020...