Related stories and components
Indonesia: Indigenous farmer released under Covid-19 assimilation programme, yet land disputes between indigenous community & paper giant continue
Author: Idon Tanjung, KOMPAS.com
“Kisah Pak Bongku Warga Suku Sakai, Dipenjara gara-gara Tanam Ubi, Bebas karena Asimilasi”, 13 June 2020...
- Related stories: Indonesia: Indigenous farmer released under Covid-19 assimilation programme, yet land disputes between indigenous community & paper giant continue
- Related in-depth areas: COVID-19 (Coronavirus) Outbreak COVID-19 (Coronavirus) Outbreak: Human rights defenders & civic freedoms Latest news on human rights defenders
- Related companies: Asia Pulp & Paper (part of Sinar Mas) Sinar Mas Group
Author: República (Guatemala)
"Ascabi se pronuncia por cierre de mina", 21 de junio de 2020...
- Related in-depth areas: Últimas noticias legales
- Related companies: Compañía Guatemalteca de Níquel (CGN) (part of Solway Group)
Hong Kong: China reportedly plans to rush through national security law legislation as local and global pro-democracy figures condemn decision
Author: The Guardian (UK)
“China tables draft Hong Kong security law in sign it intends to rush legislation”, 18 June 2020...
Hong Kong: Provisions for setting up mainland agency and role of adviser at new commission under national security law would hamper judicial independence, critics say
Author: South China Morning Post (Hong Kong)
“National security law: questions raised over Beijing’s sweeping powers, as critics point to new agency, role of adviser in commission”, 21 June 2020...
Author: Maysa Zorob, Business & Human Rights Resource Centre
The judicial harassment of human rights defenders (HRDs) holding business to account has increased by 84% in 2019 compared to the previous year, reaching a five-year high. Amidst the global COVID-19 pandemic, companies and governments around the world...
Honduras: The Network Against Anti-Union Violence publishes a report denouncing 36 killings of trade unionists in 2019
Author: Network Against Anti-Union Violence
"REPORT DOCUMENTS ANTI-UNION VIOLENCE IN HONDURAS", 15 de junio de 2020...
- Related in-depth areas: Latest news on human rights defenders