Member of UN Global Compact
Headquarters in Germany
Oxfam America proposes a COVID-19 Pandemic Profits Tax to help reverse inequalities & rebuild better post-pandemic
Author: Oxfam America
"Pandemic profits exposed," 22 July 2020 Seventeen of the top 25 most profitable US corporations, including Microsoft, Johnson & Johnson, Facebook, Pfizer, and Visa, are expected to make almost $85 billion more in 2020 super-profits compared to...
- Related in-depth areas: COVID-19 (Coronavirus) Outbreak: Government & business response
- Related companies: AbbVie Alphabet Amazon.com Apple AT&T Berkshire Hathaway Charter Chevron Cisco Systems Comcast CVS ExxonMobil Facebook Google (part of Alphabet) Intel Johnson & Johnson Merck Microsoft Oracle Pfizer Procter & Gamble The Home Depot, Inc. UnitedHealth Group Verizon Visa Group Walmart
USA: CEO statements on race & police misconduct are important, but now corporate political power is needed to pass legislation
Author: Aaron K. Chatterji & Michael W. Toffel, Harvard Business Review
"What CEOs Still Haven’t Said About Race and Policing", 18 Jun 2020...
- Related stories: USA: Company executives speak out against racism following the killings of George Floyd, Breonna Taylor & Tony McDade by police
- Related in-depth areas: Latest news on human rights defenders Latest news: CEO activism and other positive business initiatives to protect civic freedoms
- Related companies: BlackRock Boeing Citigroup Coca-Cola IBM Merck Toyota
Author: Modern Diplomacy
16 May 2020...
- Related stories: EU Commission adopts Farm to Fork & Biodiversity strategies, intended to promote sustainable economy as part of Green Deal
- Related in-depth areas: Climate change
- Related companies: Bank of America Bayer British Airports Authority (now Heathrow Airport Holdings) Covington & Burling HSBC IKEA Lego Merck Natixis Royal DSM Sanofi Schneider Electric Snam Sonae Suez Swiss Re Unilever Yara
Author: Dominique Baillard, RFI
"Les grandes entreprises américaines solidaires avec la cause noire", 2 juin 2020...
- Related stories: États-Unis : Les entreprises prennent position pour dénoncer le racisme et les violences policières
- Related companies: adidas Apple Kate Spade & Company LinkedIn (part of Microsoft) Merck Netflix Nike S&P Dow Jones Indices (joint venture S&P Global, CME Group, News Corp.) Snap (parent company, Snapchat, Snap Lab) Starbucks Tapestry (Formerly Coach) Target Uber
USA: Company executives speak out against racism following the killings of George Floyd, Breonna Taylor & Tony McDade by police
On 25 May 2020, white Minneapolis police officer Derek Chauvin pinned George Floyd to the ground, keeping his knee on Mr. Floyd’s neck for eight minutes and 46 seconds, ultimately killing him. Three additional officers were involved. All four officers...
Equileap researched 3,519 companies in 23 developed economies, representing 98 million employees, and ranked them based on 19 gender equality criteria... There has been an increase in the average score of the 100 best performing companies over the past...
- Related in-depth areas: Gender, Business & Human Rights: Research & Analysis
- Related companies: Adobe Systems AGL Air New Zealand ANZ Bank ASX Group AXA Bank of America BHP (formerly BHP Billiton) BillerudKorsnäs (Billerud Korsnäs) Biogen BlackRock BNP Paribas British Land Caltex Canadian Imperial Bank of Commerce (CIBC) Castellum Challenger Financial Services Chr. Hansen Cisco Systems Citibank (part of Citigroup) Coca-Cola Coca-cola Amatil Cofinimmo Commbank Contact Energy Convivio Hotels Danone Dexus Diageo DnB NOR Eli Lilly Elisa Enagás Equinor (formerly Statoil) Fonterra Fortescue Metals Group Fortum Gap General Motors Gilead Sciences Gjensidige GlaxoSmithKline GPT Group Hilton Investec Iron Mountain ITV Johnson & Johnson Johnson Matthey JPMorgan Chase Kering (formerly PPR, Pinault-Printemps-Redoute) Kimberly-Clark L'Oreal Lendlease Project Management & Construction (formerly Bovis Lend Lease, trading as Lendlease) Marriott Medibank Merck Mirvac Money Super Market Group National Australia Bank NH Hoteles Orange Origin Energy Publicis Qantas Airways REA Group Red Eléctrica de España Repsol Royal Bank of Canada Royal Mail Sanofi SAP Schibsted Schneider Electric Schroders Société Générale Sodexo South32 Standard Chartered Stockland Stora Enso Storebrand Suncorp Swedbank Tele2 Telenet Telenor Telstra TF1 Toronto-Dominion Bank (TD Bank) Transurban Unilever Verizon Vicinity Vodafone Westpac WPP YUM! Z Energy
USA: Supreme court allows class-action lawsuit against osteoporosis drug maker Merck over alleged injuriesn related to use of Fosamax
Author: Matthew Vadum, The Epoch Times (USA)
"Supreme Court Allows Class-Action Lawsuit Against Drug Giant Merck" 21 May 2019...