- Dhaka Principles for Migration with Dignity
Author and date: Institute for Human Rights and Business, Nov 2011. Feedback on the Principles encouraged, until 15 Feb 2012: dhakaprinciples.ihrb.org
- Employment & Recruitment Agencies - Sector Guide on Implementing the UN Guiding Principles on Business and Human Rights [PDF
Author and date: Published by European Commission; developed by Institute for Human Rights and Business, and Shift
- Fair Hiring Toolkit
Author and date: Verité, 2011
"This Fair Hiring Toolkit offers tools, guidance, and approaches to support the responsible recruitment and hiring ofmigrant workers in global supply chains."
- [PDF] "Migrant Worker Management Toolkit: A Global Framework"
Author and date: Business for Social Responsibility, 2011
- "Migrant workers" (on Human Rights & Business Dilemmas Forum)
- Author: UN Global Compact, Maplecroft
- [PDF] "Business and Migration: Perceptions from Denmark - A Compilation of Reflections by Danish Business and Organized Industry on Various Issues Related to Migration"
- Author and date: The Hague Process on Refugees and Migration, 2009
- "Business and Migration: Roundtables for Collective Action" - "Over an initial 3-year period (2010-2012) 4 separate roundtables will be convened in developed countries and emerging markets"
- Business & Migration Initiative
Related stories and components
Author: Omondi Onyatta, The Star (Kenya)
"Kenyans being duped to build stadiums in Qatar - Muhuri," 9 Feb 2020...
In January 2020, the International Labour Organization (ILO) and International Organisation for Employers (IOE) jointly released a guidance tool intended to support actors involved in the Middle East construction industry to develop policies and...
In 2020, the Bahrain Shura council unanimously voted against a proposed amendment to labour law that would guarantee employers paid wages on time and in full. Delayed or non-payment of wages to migrant workers by companiesis a common labour abuse in...
Author: Pragativadi News Service (India)
"Four youths from Odisha's Jajpur, trapped in Dubai, Return," 4 Feb 2020...
Author: Associated Press of Pakistan
"CWA in Riyadh asked to facilitate Pakistanis stranded in Tabuk," 8 Jan 2020...
Author: Anam Rizvi, The National (UAE)
"Punishing workloads forcing UAE private school teachers to quit, evidence suggests," 2 Jan 2020...
UAE: Protesters allege young Sudanese men are being deceived by security firm & forced into military training camps
Author: Sudan Tribune (Sudan)
"Protest in Khartoum against UAE firm recruiting Sudanese to fight in Libya and Yemen," 27 Jan 2020...
- Related in-depth areas: Latest news & company responses: Migrant workers in Qatar & the UAE Migrant workers Migrant workers - an introduction
- Related companies: Black Shield Security Services
Bahrain: Two cases before the Labour Ministry hear how workers did not report wage delays "out of fear"
In January 2020, GDN reported on two cases of workers experiencing wage delays....
"Indian consulate helps 60 workers in Dubai left without food, salary," 21 Jan 2020...
Bahrain: 300 employees of Bahrain Motors Co. strike to demand delayed salaries; includes company response
In December 2018, around 300 migrant construction workers employed by Bahrain Motors Co. took strike action alleging unpaid wages for a total of four months....