- Dhaka Principles for Migration with Dignity
Author and date: Institute for Human Rights and Business, Nov 2011. Feedback on the Principles encouraged, until 15 Feb 2012: dhakaprinciples.ihrb.org
- Employment & Recruitment Agencies - Sector Guide on Implementing the UN Guiding Principles on Business and Human Rights [PDF
Author and date: Published by European Commission; developed by Institute for Human Rights and Business, and Shift
- Fair Hiring Toolkit
Author and date: Verité, 2011
"This Fair Hiring Toolkit offers tools, guidance, and approaches to support the responsible recruitment and hiring ofmigrant workers in global supply chains."
- [PDF] "Migrant Worker Management Toolkit: A Global Framework"
Author and date: Business for Social Responsibility, 2011
- "Migrant workers" (on Human Rights & Business Dilemmas Forum)
- Author: UN Global Compact, Maplecroft
- [PDF] "Business and Migration: Perceptions from Denmark - A Compilation of Reflections by Danish Business and Organized Industry on Various Issues Related to Migration"
- Author and date: The Hague Process on Refugees and Migration, 2009
- "Business and Migration: Roundtables for Collective Action" - "Over an initial 3-year period (2010-2012) 4 separate roundtables will be convened in developed countries and emerging markets"
- Business & Migration Initiative
Related stories and components
Thailand: Patagonia works with supplier to refund recruitment fees illegally charged to migrant workers
Author: Nanchanok Wongsamuth, Thomson Reuters Foundation
“Thai clothing factory compensates exploited migrant workers”, 03 April 2020...
UAE: NGO calls out "discriminatory" roll back of protections on migrant worker contracts during Covid-19 outbreak
In response to the Covid-19 outbreak, the UAE labour ministry made the decision in March to allow companies to "restructure the contractual relationship" with their employers, including cutting salaries and putting workers on paid leave. ...
As pandemic restricts travel and work, internet restrictions block Gulf migrant workers from contacting families
Author: Burhan Wazir, Coda Story
"Foreign workers in the Gulf can't call home during coronavirus crisis," 27 Mar 2020...
- Related in-depth areas: COVID-19 (Coronavirus) Outbreak COVID-19 (Coronavirus) Outbreak: Government & business response COVID-19 (Coronavirus) Outbreak: Migrant workers COVID-19 (Coronavirus) Outbreak: Surveillance, censorship & privacy Latest news & company responses: Migrant workers in Qatar & the UAE Migrant workers Technology & telecommunications Technology and Human Rights
Author: Raji Unnikrishnan, GDN Online (Bahrain)
"New safety rules for labour camps," 30 Mar 2020...
Author: Sandeep Singh Grewal, GDN Online (Bahrain)
"New LMRA move to protect employees," 6 Mar 2020...
Author: Migrant Rights
"Op-ed: The precarious health situation of migrant workers in the Gulf," 24 Feb 2020...
Author: Migrant Rights
"Covid-19: GCC states must take careful steps to protect migrant workers," 15 Mar 2020...
In March 2020, the Ahmedabad Mirror reported on a case of over 60 migrant workers from India, Bangladesh, Pakistan and Sri Lanka who were stranded in Saudi Arabia having been "deserted" by their employer, Saudi Specialist Construction Ltd. (registered...
Uganda: Govt. suspends six labour recruitment agencies over malpractices, including overcharging migrant workers
Author: The Independent (Uganda)
"Gender ministry suspends six Ugandan labour recruitment firms"...