National human rights institutions (NHRI)
Related stories and components
Indonesia: Indigenous farmer jailed for cutting trees in long-standing land conflict with paper company
Author: Hans Nicholas Jong, Mongabay
'Indonesian court jails indigenous farmer in conflict with paper giant APP', June 2, 2020...
- Related stories: Indonesia: Indigenous farmer released under Covid-19 assimilation programme, yet land disputes between indigenous community & paper giant continue
- Related in-depth areas: COVID-19 (Coronavirus) Outbreak COVID-19 (Coronavirus) Outbreak: Human rights defenders & civic freedoms Latest news on human rights defenders
- Related companies: Asia Pulp & Paper (part of Sinar Mas) Sinar Mas Group
Nepal: National rights body forms task force focused on the cause of migrant workers during COVID-19 pandemic
Author: The Kathmandu Post
"Rights body forms task force to assist government in protecting and repatriating migrant workers", 14 May 2020...
Author: Instituto Interamericano de Derechos Humanos, Humberto Cantú Rivera
"Herramienta de diagnóstico sobre la implementación de las obligaciones internacionales de derechos humanos en el contexto de la actividad empresarial", 2020...
Nepal: National rights commission says govt is responsible to protect workers stranded along border with India
Author: Shirish B Pradhan, Outlook India
"Nepal''s human rights watchdog urges govt to ease plight of migrant workers stuck along India border", 3 April 2020...
Danish Institute for Human Rights publishes report exploring how national human rights institutions facilitate access to remedy
Author: Nora Götzmann & Sébastien Lorion, Danish Institute for Human Rights
"National human rights institutions and access to remedy in business and human rights," 25 March 2020...
- Related in-depth areas: Gender, Business & Human Rights: Research & Analysis Latest Legal News
Commentary: Gathering data through COVID-19 tracking apps can result in discrimination & violations of the right to privacy
Author: Isabel Ebert, Cambridge Core
"Tracking COVID-19: Privacy, health, and private power," 26 March 2020...
- Related in-depth areas: COVID-19 (Coronavirus) Outbreak: Government & business response Technology and Human Rights: Digital Freedom
- Related companies: Clearview Palantir Technologies
Mexico: 74% vote against Constellation Brands brewery in Mexicali; private sector confederation rejects result
On Sunday 22nd March, the Mexican Government held a public consultation in Mexicali regarding the Constellation Brands brewery, a mega project that began construction in 2016. 74% of those who voted rejected the construction of the project. The...
In February 2020, six Nepali workers allegedly died in a landslip on a construction site in Mutlaa City, Kuwait. A further two Nepali workers were injured. ...
Author: El Mostrador
“Corte de Talca establece que empresa faenadora de cerdos Coexca vulnera derecho a vivir en un medio ambiente libre de contaminación en población de San Javier” – 21 de febrero de 2020...
- Related in-depth areas: Últimas noticias legales