Dow Jones Sustainability Indexes
Related stories and components
“Cinco empresas colombianas entre las más sostenibles del mundo según el DJSI”...
Author: Instituto Argentino de Responsabilidad Social Empresaria (Argentina)
[El número 22 de la publicación “Evolución” edición especial] La evolución histórica de la corriente hoy conocida como Responsabilidad Social Empresaria (RSE) tiene su origen en los emergentes problemas con las condiciones laborales existentes en las...
Michael Addo - Business and human rights indicators: Opportunities and challenges in measuring corporate respect for human rights
Author: Michael Addo (UN Working Group on Business & Human Rights) for Measuring Business & Human Rights
The relevance of business and human rights indicators cannot be overstated. Valid and reliable indicators could be useful to...track corporate progress over time and compare policies, process and impacts across corporations...Indicators may also...
Author: Business & Human Rights Resource Centre, Ann Sofie Cloots (University of Cambridge), Charline Daelman (KU Leuven), Damiano de Felice (LSE) & Irene Pietropaoli (Middlesex University)
the project aims at: 1) flagging out the most important normative, methodological, practical and political challenges related to the production of business and human rights indicators, ratings and benchmarks; and 2) offering potential solutions to...
Author: Wong Wei-shen, Star Online (Malaysia)
Socially responsible investing in Malaysia is set to get a shot in the arm following the announcement that Valuecap Sdn Bhd will be investing RM1bil into companies that meet the stipulated criteria. Valuecap, a fund set up by the Government in 2002 to...
The Price of Steel: Human Rights and Forced Evictions in the POSCO-India Project - and company responses
Author: Compiled by Business & Human Rights Resource Centre
In June 2013, ESCR-Net and the International Human Rights Clinic (IHRC) at NYU School of Law launched... “The Price of Steel: Human Rights and Forced Evictions in the POSCO-India Project”. As well as raising specific concerns about POSCO’s activities...
- Related stories: "The Price of Steel: Human Rights and Forced Evictions in the POSCO-India Project".
- Related in-depth areas: The Price of Steel: Human Rights and Forced Evictions in the POSCO-India Project - and company responses
- Related companies: APG Berkshire Hathaway BlackRock BNY Mellon Deutsche Bank JPMorgan Chase Norges Bank Investment Management (NBIM) Posco RobecoSAM (part of Robeco) S&P Dow Jones Indices (joint venture S&P Global, CME Group, News Corp.)
[PDF] Towards a business and human rights index and accreditation and certification scheme for business enterprises: an introductory paper
Author: Priyanga Hettiarachi, RightsBusiness
RightsBusiness...[published this]...paper...to contribute to progress of a business and human rights index for business enterprises and to set out a draft index, which may be trialled or piloted. It is intended that detailed examination and analysis of...
- Related in-depth areas: Latest news on UNGPs
- Related companies: S&P Dow Jones Indices (joint venture S&P Global, CME Group, News Corp.)
The company's online 2012 corporate responsibility report…focuses on trust and transparency, attracting and retaining talent, environment and climate change, and community development…Through its Street to School programme Aviva...originally aimed to...
- Related stories: "Business has a catalyst role to play in tackling social issues", says Aviva's corporate responsibility director
- Related in-depth areas: Latest news on Children
- Related companies: Aviva
Author: WME Environment Business Magazine [Australia]
The unanimous endorsement of the Guiding Principles on Business and Human Rights framework by the United Nations...supported by the federal government, was a game changer...As Australian Human Rights Commissioner Catherine Branson QC said: “Australian...
Author: Jess McCabe, Environmental Finance
Coca-Cola has been kicked off the Dow Jones Sustainability World Index...41 firms were added to the DJSI World and 23 deleted...Société Générale is among the largest additions...along with...Schneider Electric and...Medtronic... SAM...also named 19 ...
- Related stories: Dow Jones Sustainability Index adds 41 firms, deletes 23 including Coke, HP; names "supersector leaders" on sustainability
- Related companies: Air France KLM Alcatel-Lucent (part of Nokia) Banco Itau BMW Coca-Cola DSM EMC EnCana HP (Hewlett-Packard) Hyundai Corporation (part of Hyundai Group) Hyundai Group Korea Telecom (KT) Lotte Shopping Medtronic Microsoft NTT Docomo Pearson PepsiCo Repsol YPF Roche Royal Philips Electronics Samsung Schneider Electric Société Générale Sprint Stockland Swiss Re Westpac Xerox Xstrata (part of Glencore)