Member of UN Global Compact
Headquarters in USA
Author: Ryushiro Kodaira, Nikkei Shimbun
- Related in-depth areas: COVID-19 (Coronavirus) Outbreak KnowTheChain benchmarks: Addressing forced labour in corporate supply chains
- Related companies: adidas Apple Asics C&A Fast Retailing Hennes & Mauritz (H&M) Hewlett Packard Enterprise HP (Hewlett-Packard) Intel Nike PVH (Phillips-Van Heusen) Samsung Sony
US Supreme Court opens the door for larger companies to face lawsuits over discriminatory policies, say LGBTQ+ activists
Author: Noam Scheiber, The New York Times
“Gay rights ruling pushes workplace dynamic already in motion”, 15 June 2020...
KnowTheChain is a resource for businesses and investors who need to understand and address forced labor risks within their supply chains....
Author: Marina Fabre, Novethic (France) (copyright: www.novethic.fr)
Netflix, Twitter, Nike, Adidas, CBS... Face à l'embrasement provoqué par la mort de George Floyd, un Afro-Américain tué par un policier blanc, les grandes entreprises américaines sont de plus en plus nombreuses à soutenir le mouvement Black Lives...
Author: Dominique Baillard, RFI
"Les grandes entreprises américaines solidaires avec la cause noire", 2 juin 2020...
- Related stories: États-Unis : Les entreprises prennent position pour dénoncer le racisme et les violences policières
- Related companies: adidas Apple Kate Spade & Company LinkedIn (part of Microsoft) Merck Netflix Nike S&P Dow Jones Indices (joint venture S&P Global, CME Group, News Corp.) Snap (parent company, Snapchat, Snap Lab) Starbucks Tapestry (Formerly Coach) Target Uber
USA: Company executives speak out against racism following the killings of George Floyd, Breonna Taylor & Tony McDade by police
On 25 May 2020, white Minneapolis police officer Derek Chauvin pinned George Floyd to the ground, keeping his knee on Mr. Floyd’s neck for eight minutes and 46 seconds, ultimately killing him. Three additional officers were involved. All four officers...
Outreach to companies on relationships with apparel manufacturers & response to the COVID-19 pandemic
Visit our apparel COVID-19 action tracker...
- Related stories: Outreach to companies on relationships with apparel manufacturers & response to the COVID-19 pandemic
- This is a response from the following companies: Nike
Vietnam: Workers allege that firm that makes shoes for Nike & Adidas used the pandemic as an excuse to fire them; companies respond
One hundred fifty Chinese workers allege that they have become expendable and that the manufacturing firm, Pou Chen, used the pandemic as an excuse to fire them. Pou Chen said it was forced to terminate the workers' contracts due to the decline in...