Member of UN Global Compact
Headquarters in USA
Author: Hans Nicholas Jong, Mongabay
"Pepsi updates sustainable palm oil policy to close supplier loophole," 12 March 2020...
USA: Environmental NGOs file lawsuit against Coca-Cola, Nestlé, Mars & others over plastic pollution of water resources
Author: Plastic Pollution Coalition
"Earth Island Institute and Plastic Pollution Coalition Take On Big Plastic," 27 Feb 2020...
US govt. efforts to advance business & human rights in 2019 incl. actions to combat trafficking & labour abuse in global supply chains
Author: US Department of State
The U.S. government is committed to supporting the voluntary efforts of businesses to advance human rights and protecting against human rights abuses [including]... ...
Author: Nat Levy, GeekWire
...[D]riving progress on addressing climate change is what’s best for the economic health, jobs, and competitiveness of our companies and our country... [W]e stand by our conviction that a commitment to the Paris Agreement requires a just transition...
- Related in-depth areas: Climate change
- Related companies: ABB adidas Adobe Systems Allianz Alphabet Aon Apple Atlassian Autodesk Bank of America Bertelsmann Brown-Forman Corporation Cargill Chobani Citigroup CMS Energy Coca-Cola Corning Dana Décathlon DuPont Ecolab Edison International Engie (formerly GDF Suez) Gap Goldman Sachs Google (part of Alphabet) Gucci Henkel Hilton HP (Hewlett-Packard) IBM IKEA InterContinental Hotels Kering Levi Strauss Mars MasterCard Microsoft Mondelēz International National Grid Nestlé NRG Energy Pacific Gas & Electric (PG&E) Patagonia PepsiCo Public Service Enterprise Group (PSEG) PVH (Phillips-Van Heusen) Ralph Lauren Royal DSM Royal Dutch Shell (Shell) Salesforce.com Schneider Electric Stonyfield Farm Tesla Motors Thrive Global Tiffany Total Unilever Verizon Virgin Group Walt Disney Zurich
New discussion paper on mandatory human rights due diligence - includes perspectives from business, government and civil society
"Let's talk mandatory measures", Fall 2019 [M]andatory measures have not been a central part of the mix considered by states in the initial years of UNGPs implementation... That is now changing, particularly in Europe. A growing number of states are...
- Related stories: UN Forum 2019: Materials launched
- Related in-depth areas: Latest news on mandatory human rights due diligence
- Related companies: H&M PepsiCo
Author: La Liga Contra el Silencio, en Pacifista.tv
"La multinacional que endulza académicos para favorecer el azúcar", 31 de octubre de 2019...
KnowTheChain is a resource for businesses and investors who need to understand and address forced labor risks within their supply chains. In 2020/2021 KnowTheChain will be becnhmarking 180 companies in three sectors. In 2019 will be publishing inves...
Nearly 200 CEOs say their companies are committed to delivering value to all stakeholders, not just shareholders
On August 19, 2019, the Business Roundtable (BRT), a lobbying group composed of leading CEOs in the US, released an updated Statement on the Purpose of a Corporation. This statement expresses a fundamental commitment to all stakeholders, including...