Related stories and components
Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation commits emergency $10m to help Africa and China to fight coronavirus
Author: Africa Times
"Gates Foundation commits emergency $5m for Africa CDC to fight coronavirus", 27 January 2020...
- Related companies: Microsoft
USA: Supreme Court seeks to protect companies from lawsuits by victims of abuse overseas in case against chocolate makers over alleged child slavery
"U.S. Supreme Court signals interest in child-slavery cocoa lawsuit", 14 Jan 2020...
- Related stories: Nestlé, Cargill, Archer Daniels Midland lawsuit (re Côte d'Ivoire)
- Related in-depth areas: Latest Legal News
- Related companies: Cargill Nestlé
Author: André Chadrak, Agence Ecofin (Suisse)
"Côte d’Ivoire : l’Etat et le suisse Roche vont investir 146 millions $ pour le traitement du cancer et d’autres maladies virales", 16 décembre 2019...
- Related companies: Orange
[国际河流发表一份新报告]… 对世界各地正在开发中的水电项目进行了实地考察，并对企业管理层、政府机构、工人和当地社区进行了访谈… 根据现有政策和标准评估单个水电项目的环境和社会表现，并每个项目的所处的大背景进行更为详细的分析讨论，以突出水电公司在做出是否参与特定项目的决策过程中应该考虑的一些比较复杂并需要因地施策的具体因素…...
Report reveals world's largest hydropower companies, primarily Chinese, fail to meet social and environmental standards for dam constructions
Author: International Rivers (US)
“World's largest hydro companies persist in failing the environment, community rights”, 9 December 2019...
- Related stories: Report reveals world's largest hydropower companies, primarily Chinese, fail to meet social and environmental standards for dam constructions
- Related in-depth areas: Chinese investment overseas
- Related companies: AES China Gezhouba China International Water & Electric (CWE) China Three Gorges Corporation Sinohydro Yunnan Huaneng Lancang River Hydropower (part of China Huaneng)
Nestlé publishes new 'Tackling Child Labor' report, citing progress in efforts to reduce the issue in cocoa communities
On 10 December 2019, Nestlé released its latest 'Tackling Child Labor' report, citing significant progress in its effort to tackle child labour in its West African supply chain. Building on this, Nestlé also said it "will continue to expand its cocoa...