Related stories and components
CIVICUS says attempts to reassert austerity or prioritise needs of big business must be avoided in post-COVID recovery
Author: Sonia Elks, Thomson Reuters
"World urged to rebuild greener, more equal economies after coronavirus", 28 May 2020...
- Related stories: COVID-19: New types of protest, advocacy & demands from business-focused HRDs & groups
- Related in-depth areas: COVID-19 (Coronavirus) Outbreak: Government & business response COVID-19 (Coronavirus) Outbreak: Human rights defenders & civic freedoms Latest news on human rights defenders
Zimbabwe: Civil society calls on govt. to focus more on informal miners during Covid-19 as federation attempts to mitigate losses for small scale miners
The Zimbabwe Environmental Lawyers Association (Zela) has urged the government to focus more on giving back to the artisanal and small-scale mining sector during the coronavirus-induced lockdown by ring-fencing gold royalties to fund personal...
Author: Dumisani Nsingo, Zimbabwe Daily
‘Miners seek to revive sector’ 20 May 2020...
Zimbabwe: Power station deal hangs in the balance as environmentalist demand answers on approval of project
Author: Evans Mathanda & Tinashe Kairiza, Zimbabwe Independent
‘Lobbyists challenge US$3bn Sengwa thermal power deal’ 15 May 2020...
Zimbabwe: Rights group calls on govt. put in place polices for the protection of workers during Covid-19
Author: New Zimbabwe
‘Mining companies violating lockdown regulations – rights group’ 17 May 2020...
Author: Nhau Mangirazi, Radion VOP (Zimbabwe)
Zimbabwe: Mining union says the industry is operated by ‘criminals and looters’ exploiting workers...
- Related in-depth areas: Natural Resources
China will be increasingly alone in funding overseas coal plants despite promise of green Belt and Road Initiative, experts say
Author: Bloomberg (US)
“China Is Virtually Alone in Backing Africa’s Coal Projects”, 7 May 2020...
- Related stories: China will be increasingly alone in funding overseas coal plants despite promise of green Belt and Road Initiative, experts say
- Related in-depth areas: Chinese investment overseas
- Related companies: Blackstone China Development Bank China Exim China Gezhouba Citigroup General Electric (GE) Industrial & Commercial Bank of China Morgan Stanley Power China International Rio Tinto
Author: Tapiwa Kasuso and Rumbidzai Ngwenya, Sunday Mail (Zimbabwe)
‘Implications of Covid-19 on workers’ rights’ 3 May 2020...
- Related in-depth areas: COVID-19 (Coronavirus) Outbreak: Government & business response