Click on each country name below to see the latest news in that location
Explore categories within this category
- Americas: General
- Trinidad & Tobago
- Saint Lucia
- Costa Rica
- El Salvador
- Dominican Republic
Related stories and components
Author: Unión Sindical Obrera (España)
“Día Mundial contra el Trabajo Infantil. USO, por los derechos de la infancia” - 12 de junio de 2020...
- Related in-depth areas: Niños
EnvJustice analyses 3000 environmental conflicts & attacks on defenders & shows how grassroots movements win
"Environmental conflicts and defenders", 02 Jun 2020...
- Related in-depth areas: Latest news on human rights defenders
Asia & Europe: Strategic lawsuits are on the rise, causing breakdown of trust between rights defenders & business, but more alliances are needed
Author: Jennifer Hattam, Equal Times
"See you in court: a rise in legal attacks against rights defenders aims to silence corporate critics", June 8, 2020...
- Related stories: Betagro & Thammakaset lawsuits (re labour exploitation in Thailand) Thammakaset lawsuits against former workers (re defamation on labour conditions, Thailand)
- Related in-depth areas: Latest Legal News Latest news on human rights defenders
- Related companies: "S Group" Betagro Group Natural Fruit Thammakaset 2
Author: Open Democracy
“La Covid-19 y los trabajadores agrícolas y empacadores de carne inmigrantes en los EE.UU”, 23 de abril de 2020...
- Related in-depth areas: Brote de COVID-19 (Coronavirus) Brote de COVID-19 (Coronavirus): Trabajadoras y trabajadores migrantes
- Related companies: JBS Pilgrim's (part of JBS) Smithfield Foods
Author: Open Democracy
“COVID-19 sweeping through US immigrant farmworker and meatpacker ranks”, 23 de abril de 2020...
Author: Richard Pearshouse and Jurema Werneck, Amnesty International
"Land seizures and COVID-19: the twin threats to Brazil’s Indigenous Peoples", 6 April 2020...
Author: Mike Murphy, Market Watch
"Apple has donated 20 million masks, is working to make 1 million face shields a week, Tim Cook says", 05 April 2020...
- Related in-depth areas: COVID-19 (Coronavirus) Outbreak: Government & business response
- Related companies: Apple Salesforce.com Tesla Motors
New Inter-American Commission on Human Rights report supports inter-americanisation of business & human rights
Author: Salvador Herencia-Carrasco, University of Ottawa, on Rights As Usual
"Report of the IACHR on Business and Human Rights: towards the Inter-Americanization of Business and Human Rights", 24 Feb 2020 ...
- Related in-depth areas: Latest Legal News
“NEW REPORT- Shifting Dynamics in Social License: Why Community Is King in Latin America’s Mining Sector”, 2nd March 2020...
Latin America: Pan American Silver accused of operating mines that do not have the consent of local communities and of polluting water supplies; company comments
“Map reveals Canadian mining company’s environmental, social conflicts”, 2nd March 2020...
- Related companies: Pan American Silver