Related stories and components
Author: Corporate Accountability Lab
"Sugar companies sued for forcibly evicting sixty families from their homes in the Dominican Republic" 3 February 2020...
Author: Excélsior (México)
“Se estanca lucha anticorrupción en América Latina”, 5 de enero de 2020...
- Related companies: Odebrecht
Women Human Rights Defenders day: Amnesty Int'l calls on businesses to adopt zero-tolerance policy on violence against women defenders
Author: Amnesty International
"Challenging power, fighting discrimination: A call to action to recognise and protect women human rights defenders", 29 Nov 2019...
Central America: Study reveals that trade agreement with the United State has caused an increase in processed and unhealthy foods
Author: Latin American Post
“After trade deal, unhealthy foods flowed into Central America”, 17th November 2019...
Verisk Maplecroft's Human Rights Outlook 2019 says risks spread for businesses & civil society as more countries embrace authoritarian tactics
Author: Verisk Maplecroft
"‘Strongmen’ regimes lead charge against freedom of speech and privacy: Human Rights Outlook 2019", 07 Aug 2019...
- Related in-depth areas: Latest news on freedom of association Latest news on human rights defenders Latest news on modern slavery & forced labour Latest news on natural resources Latest News on Pacific Business & Human Rights Technology and Human Rights Technology and Human Rights: Digital Freedom
- Related companies: AngloGold Ashanti BHP Billiton Yamana Gold
Dominican Republic: Teleperformance reach 'landmark' agreement with union representing outsourced contact centre workers
Author: UNI Global Union
"Teleperformance recognises labour union in Dominican Republic", 19 April 2018...
- Related companies: Téléperformance
Author: Instituto Danés de Derechos Humanos
“Empresas y derechos humanos en América Latina y el Caribe” – 1 de mayo de 2019...
- Related in-depth areas: Planes Nacionales de Acción, PNA