Trinidad & Tobago
Related stories and components
British American Tobacco accused of depriving developing countries of hundreds of millions of dollars in tax needed to provide people with health services
Author: Rob Davies, Guardian (UK)
"Tobacco firm BAT 'costs developing countries $700m in tax", 30 April 2019...
- Related in-depth areas: Latest news on tax avoidance
- Related companies: British American Tobacco Nobleza Piccardo (part of British American Tobacco) Souza Cruz (part of British American Tobacco)
Author: David Cruz, Asociación Ambiente y Sociedad (Colombia)
[Excerpt translation from Spanish provided by Business and Human Rights Resource Centre]...
- Related stories: Latin America: According to analysts, new commercial agreements with China would pose an excessive indebtment for governments in the region
- Related in-depth areas: Chinese investment overseas
Author: The Global Americas (USA)
“China’s engagement with Trinidad and Tobago”, 26th March 2019...
Latin America: Chinese “Belt and Road” initiative lands in this region to finance and develop infrastructure
While in a first Chinese Dialogue article, progress in investments in infrastructure and other sectors by Chinese State-owned companies are highlighted, NGOs present their allegations on threats to indigenous peoples and local leader associated to...
New book explores opportunities & challenges for integrating human rights into global climate governance
Author: Sébastien Duyck, Sébastien Jodoin & Alyssa Johl, Routledge
Over the last decade, the world has increasingly grappled with the complex linkages emerging between efforts to combat climate change and to protect human rights around the world. The Paris Climate Agreement adopted in December 2015 recognized the...
- Related in-depth areas: Accountability: Loss & damage, litigation, shareholder activism Adaptation Mitigation Responsible public policy
Trinidad & Tobago: TOFCO workers protest over health and safety issues during construction of BP´s platform