Related stories and components
North Korea: USA blacklists two companies for allegedly violating global ban on DPRK citizens working overseas
Author: Jacob Fromer , NNK News
“U.S. blacklists two companies for North Korean overseas labor sanctions breaches”, 14 January 2020...
Author: Paul Bischoff, comparitech
Our researchers have conducted a country-by-country comparison to see which countries impose the harshest internet restrictions and where citizens can enjoy the most online freedom. This includes restrictions or bans for torrenting, pornography, social...
- Related in-depth areas: Technology and Human Rights: Digital Freedom
Author: Stuart Lau, South China Morning Post (Hong Kong)
“Huawei denies claims of wrongdoing in North Korea and Czech Republic and downplays EU cybersecurity concerns”, 24 July 2019...
- Related companies: Huawei Technologies
Progress on child labour flatlining in world’s manufacturing hubs, according to 2019 Child Labour Index
Author: Verisk Maplecroft
Despite high levels of economic growth and improvements on poverty and education, progress on child labour has stalled in the manufacturing countries most entwined with global supply chains... [O]ur latest annual Child Labour Index... shows that...
- Related in-depth areas: Latest News on Pacific Business & Human Rights
Author: Yann Rousseau, Les Echos (France)
« Cette nuit en Asie : Quand un « esclave » nord-coréen fait un procès à une entreprise néerlandaise », 15 février 2019...
- Related in-depth areas: Dernières infos juridiques
UN Special Rapporteur on human rights defenders' global survey highlights role of cos. in attacks in several countries
Author: Michel Forst, UN Special Rapporteur on Human Rights Defenders (Switzerland)
"World report on the situation of human rights defenders", 17 Dec 2017...
- Related in-depth areas: Latest news on human rights defenders Latest News on Pacific Business & Human Rights Latest news: CEO activism and other positive business initiatives to protect civic freedoms Technology and Human Rights: Digital Freedom
- Related companies: Compañia de Minas Buenaventura Formosa Plastics Jiew Kang Jue Pattana Co. Ltd. Minera Yanacocha (joint venture Newmont, Sumitomo & Compañía de Minas Buenaventura) Newmont Goldcorp Sumitomo Group
Author: Business & Human Rights Resource Centre
Welcome to our Corporate Legal Accountability Quarterly Bulletin -- highlighting a specific topic each quarter, as well as key developments in corporate legal accountability......
- Related stories: Corporate Legal Accountability Bulletin: The Zero Draft Treaty on Business & Human Rights
- Related in-depth areas: Corporate Legal Accountability Quarterly Update Latest news on natural resources Latest news on proposed binding treaty Natural Resources
- Related companies: African Rainbow Minerals Anglo American AngloGold Ashanti Apple Appleby BHP Billiton CACI Cargill Drummond Energy Resources Capital Gold Fields Harmony Gold KiK Lundin Petroleum Nestlé Oxec (part of Energy Resources Capital) RWE Samsung Total Unilever Vale Vinci
USA: Govt. actions to advance business & human rights in 2018 included focus on labour rights & supply chain monitoring
Author: U.S. Department of State
"U.S. government efforts to advance business and human rights in 2018," ...
Criminal complaint against Dutch ship-building firm for allegedly profiting from forced labour of N. Korean worker
North Korea: Kim regime dispatches citizens abroad to work in forced labour conditions and under heavy surveillance, says report
Author: Jason Arterburn, C4ADS
"Dispatched: Mapping Overseas Forced Labor in North Korea's Proliferation Finance System", 2018...