Related stories and components
Cambodia: Cambodian, Thai and Vietnamese stakeholders urge Xayaburi hydropower developer to share information on its hydropower plant in northern Laos
Author: Vida Taing, Khmer Times
"Stakeholders visiting dam call Lao Hydro developer to share data", 21 February 2020...
- Related stories: Laos: Xayaburi Dam begins operations despite villagers arguing that dam will destroy their livelihoods
- Related companies: Xayaburi Power
Author: Nanchanok Wongsamuth, Thomson Reuters Foundation
"Major Thai coffee brand vows to repay 200 debt-ridden farmers," 17 February 2020...
- Related companies: Doi Chaang Coffee
Thailand: Intl. seafood buyers urge govt. to stay strong in transition towards ethical & sustainable fishing sector
Global retailers and buyers sourcing seafood from Thailand have called on the government to safeguard major reforms in the fishing industry amidst fears of back-tracking. Signatories of an open letter to the Thai government, which include Aldi, Lidl,...
Cambodia: Authorities arrest eight people that are allegedly involved in hiring children to smuggle rice from Cambodia to Thailand
Author: Khmer Times
"Cambodian children detained for rice smuggling at Thai border", 8 February 2020...
Thailand: Puttanee Kangkun becomes the latest human rights defender to face criminal defamation complaint from poultry firm Thammakaset
Author: Fortify Rights
"Thailand: Drop Criminal Complaint Against Fortify Rights Senior Human Rights Specialist Puttanee Kangkun", 29 January 2020...
- Related stories: Thailand: Thammakaset must stop legal harassment of human rights defenders & workers who exposed labour rights abuses at poultry farm, say NGOs
- Related in-depth areas: Agriculture Latest Legal News Latest news on human rights defenders
- Related companies: Thammakaset 2
Thailand: Female activists face danger fighting Govt's forest reclamation policy while conservation land are given as concessions to large corporations
Author: Lam Le, South China Morning Post
"For Thailand's female land rights defenders, activism is a dangerous and daunting necessity", 2 February 2020...
- Related in-depth areas: Gender, Business & Human Rights
Author: International Chamber of Commerce
"ICC applauds Thailand's National Action Plan on Business and Human Rights", 11 May 2019...
US govt. efforts to advance business & human rights in 2019 incl. actions to combat trafficking & labour abuse in global supply chains
Author: US Department of State
The U.S. government is committed to supporting the voluntary efforts of businesses to advance human rights and protecting against human rights abuses [including]... ...