Related stories and components
"Building trade union power in South-East Europe", 5 March 2020...
Author: Léa Stassinet, RTL (France)
« Un réseau franco-bulgare de traite d'êtres humains démantelé, 4 Bulgares arrêtés », 22 septembre 2019...
- Related in-depth areas: Latest news on modern slavery & forced labour
Widespread mistreatment, unpaid overtime & bullying reported at Romanian & Bulgarian garment factories; Includes comments from Benetton & Hugo Boss
Author: Elisa Oddone, Al Jazeera
"Made in Eastern Europe: Garment workers denied basic rights", 22 September 2019...
Novalpina Capital claims NSO Group received export licences from Bulgaria & Cyprus, but both states deny claims
Author: Access Now
"Is NSO Group’s infamous Pegasus spyware being traded through the EU?", 12 Sep 2019...
Verisk Maplecroft's Human Rights Outlook 2019 says risks spread for businesses & civil society as more countries embrace authoritarian tactics
Author: Verisk Maplecroft
"‘Strongmen’ regimes lead charge against freedom of speech and privacy: Human Rights Outlook 2019", 07 Aug 2019...
- Related in-depth areas: Latest news on freedom of association Latest news on human rights defenders Latest news on modern slavery & forced labour Latest news on natural resources Latest News on Pacific Business & Human Rights Technology and Human Rights Technology and Human Rights: Digital Freedom
- Related companies: AngloGold Ashanti BHP Billiton Yamana Gold
Author: International Federation for Human Rights (FIDH)
On what criteria should investment decisions be made? How should states rank when it comes to non-financial information? What indicators should be used? The objective of the present study is to establish a methodology and classification system that...
Bulgaria: 96 children fall sick with food poisoning symptoms after Christmas party at restaurant; investigation underway
Author: TECH2 (Bulgaria)
"96 children with food poisoning after the Christmas party in Varna – Diseases"...
UN Special Rapporteur on human rights defenders' global survey highlights role of cos. in attacks in several countries
Author: Michel Forst, UN Special Rapporteur on Human Rights Defenders (Switzerland)
"World report on the situation of human rights defenders", 17 Dec 2017...
- Related in-depth areas: Latest news on human rights defenders Latest News on Pacific Business & Human Rights Latest news: CEO activism and other positive business initiatives to protect civic freedoms Technology and Human Rights: Digital Freedom
- Related companies: Compañia de Minas Buenaventura Formosa Plastics Jiew Kang Jue Pattana Co. Ltd. Minera Yanacocha (joint venture Newmont, Sumitomo & Compañía de Minas Buenaventura) Newmont Goldcorp Sumitomo Group
Author: International Trade Union Confederation (ITUC)
"Global Poll: Governments’ failure to address low wages and insecure jobs threatens trust in politics and democracy", 2 December 2018...
- Related stories: Intl. Trade Union Confederation (ITUC) 4th World Congress