Related stories and components
"Building trade union power in South-East Europe", 5 March 2020...
NGOs aim to strengthen accountability requirements of export credit agencies often investing in projects with social & environmental risks in Central & Eastern Europe
Author: CEE Bankwatch Network
"The secret life of export credit agencies", 01 August 2019...
Author: International Federation for Human Rights (FIDH)
On what criteria should investment decisions be made? How should states rank when it comes to non-financial information? What indicators should be used? The objective of the present study is to establish a methodology and classification system that...
UN Special Rapporteur on human rights defenders' global survey highlights role of cos. in attacks in several countries
Author: Michel Forst, UN Special Rapporteur on Human Rights Defenders (Switzerland)
"World report on the situation of human rights defenders", 17 Dec 2017...
- Related in-depth areas: Latest news on human rights defenders Latest News on Pacific Business & Human Rights Latest news: CEO activism and other positive business initiatives to protect civic freedoms Technology and Human Rights: Digital Freedom
- Related companies: Compañia de Minas Buenaventura Formosa Plastics Jiew Kang Jue Pattana Co. Ltd. Minera Yanacocha (joint venture Newmont, Sumitomo & Compañía de Minas Buenaventura) Newmont Goldcorp Sumitomo Group
Fundamental Rights Agency finds that civil society in EU is facing increasing challenges & explores role of business
The European Union Agency for Fundamental Rights (FRA) report from January 2018 looked into the different types and patterns of challenges that civil society organizations working on human rights face in the European Union. In September 2018, FRA...
EU Fundamental Rights Agency finds civil society in all member states is facing increasing challenges
Author: European Union Agency for Fundamental Rights (EU)
"Challenges facing civil society organisations working on human rights in the EU", 19 Jan 2018...
- Related stories: Fundamental Rights Agency finds that civil society in EU is facing increasing challenges & explores role of business
- Related in-depth areas: Latest news on human rights defenders
Croatia: Plomin coal plant, operated by Hrvatska Elektroprivreda, stopped after 5-year campaign raising climate & health concerns
Author: CEE Bankwatch Network
"Croatia to drop controversial coal plant project, confirms minister", 14 June 2016...
- Related companies: HEP
Seven of 15 former Soviet countries have become “consolidated authoritarian regimes”, says new report; fall in oil prices linked to lack of transparency, accountability
Author: Nate Schenkkan, Freedom House
"Nations in tansit 2016: Europe and Eurasia brace for impact", 12 April 2016...
[PDF] Workers & minorities bear the brunt of abuse - Business & human rights in Eastern Europe & Central Asia
Author: Business & Human Rights Resource Centre
This briefing provides an update about businesses’ impacts on human rights in Eastern Europe &...
- Related stories: Business & Human Rights Resource Centre releases its second Eastern Europe & Central Asia regional briefing
- Related companies: Aeroflot American Apparel Arcelor Mittal BG Group (part of Shell) Chevron Daewoo International (part of Posco) Eni ExxonMobil Gazprom GM Uzbekistan (joint venture General Motors & UzAvtosanoat) Indorama Karachaganak Petroleum Operating (KPO) KazMunayGas Lukarco (joint venture Lukoil & Arco) Lukoil Microsoft Nike RUSAL Shell Shurtanneftegaz Tengizchevroil (joint venture Chevron, ExxonMobil, KazMunayGas, LukArco) Trustbank Ukrainian Danube Shipping Company Uralasbest