Related stories and components
Czech Republic: COVID-19 causes health and safety risks, stress, and economic concerns for workers in electronics manufacturing
Author: Electronics Watch
"Excerpts from an interview with a worker from electronics factory in Czech Republic"...
- Related stories: Impacts of COVID-19 on supply chain workers in the electronics sector
- Related in-depth areas: COVID-19 (Coronavirus) Outbreak: Supply chain workers
Author: Damian Carrington, The Guardian
'Polluter bailouts and lobbying during Covid-19 pandemic', April 17, 2020...
Microsoft makes AccountGuard free for healthcare providers, humanitarian & human rights organizations, to protect them from growing cyber attacks
Author: Tom Burt, Microsoft
"Protecting healthcare and human rights organizations from cyberattacks", 14 Apr 2020...
- Related in-depth areas: COVID-19 (Coronavirus) Outbreak: Government & business response COVID-19 (Coronavirus) Outbreak: Human rights defenders & civic freedoms COVID-19 (Coronavirus) Outbreak: Surveillance, censorship & privacy Technology and Human Rights: Digital Freedom
- Related companies: Microsoft
China: Government launches investigation into company accused of selling faulty coronavirus test kits to other countries
Author: Fox News
“China launches investigation into company behind faulty coronavirus test kits sold to Spain”, 28 March 2020...
- Related stories: China: Business action and alleged inaction in response to spread of Wuhan novel coronavirus 2020
- Related in-depth areas: COVID-19 (Coronavirus) Outbreak: Government & business response
Commentary: Joint statement on rights in cyberspace does not adequately ensure protections for rights to expression & privacy
Author: Rebecca Mackinnon, Ranking Digital Rights
"What should governments do?", 26 September 2019...
- Related in-depth areas: Technology and Human Rights: Digital Freedom
NGOs aim to strengthen accountability requirements of export credit agencies often investing in projects with social & environmental risks in Central & Eastern Europe
Author: CEE Bankwatch Network
"The secret life of export credit agencies", 01 August 2019...
Author: Stuart Lau, South China Morning Post (Hong Kong)
“Huawei denies claims of wrongdoing in North Korea and Czech Republic and downplays EU cybersecurity concerns”, 24 July 2019...
- Related companies: Huawei Technologies
Author: International Federation for Human Rights (FIDH)
On what criteria should investment decisions be made? How should states rank when it comes to non-financial information? What indicators should be used? The objective of the present study is to establish a methodology and classification system that...
Study analyses 21 Natl. Action Plans on business & human rights incl. on content, stakeholder engagement & accountability
Full dataset available here
Report on corporate disclosure under EU Non-financial Reporting Directive finds co's fail to provide meaningful information about impacts on human rights & environment
UPDATE: Click here for the 2019 Research Report, released in February 2020...