Related stories and components
China: Government launches investigation into company accused of selling faulty coronavirus test kits to other countries
Author: Fox News
“China launches investigation into company behind faulty coronavirus test kits sold to Spain”, 28 March 2020...
- Related stories: China: Business action and alleged inaction in response to spread of Wuhan novel coronavirus 2020
- Related in-depth areas: COVID-19 (Coronavirus) Outbreak: Government & business response
Commentary: Joint statement on rights in cyberspace does not adequately ensure protections for rights to expression & privacy
Author: Rebecca Mackinnon, Ranking Digital Rights
"What should governments do?", 26 September 2019...
- Related in-depth areas: Technology and Human Rights: Digital Freedom
NGOs aim to strengthen accountability requirements of export credit agencies often investing in projects with social & environmental risks in Central & Eastern Europe
Author: CEE Bankwatch Network
"The secret life of export credit agencies", 01 August 2019...
Author: Stuart Lau, South China Morning Post (Hong Kong)
“Huawei denies claims of wrongdoing in North Korea and Czech Republic and downplays EU cybersecurity concerns”, 24 July 2019...
- Related companies: Huawei Technologies
Author: International Federation for Human Rights (FIDH)
On what criteria should investment decisions be made? How should states rank when it comes to non-financial information? What indicators should be used? The objective of the present study is to establish a methodology and classification system that...
Study analyses 21 Natl. Action Plans on business & human rights incl. on content, stakeholder engagement & accountability
Full dataset available here
Report on corporate disclosure under EU Non-financial Reporting Directive finds co's fail to provide meaningful information about impacts on human rights & environment
UPDATE: Click here for the 2019 Research Report, released in February 2020...
Author: Novinite (Bulgaria)
"13 Dead After Fire in Czech Mine", 21 December 2018...
UN Special Rapporteur on human rights defenders' global survey highlights role of cos. in attacks in several countries
Author: Michel Forst, UN Special Rapporteur on Human Rights Defenders (Switzerland)
"World report on the situation of human rights defenders", 17 Dec 2017...
- Related in-depth areas: Latest news on human rights defenders Latest News on Pacific Business & Human Rights Latest news: CEO activism and other positive business initiatives to protect civic freedoms Technology and Human Rights: Digital Freedom
- Related companies: Compañia de Minas Buenaventura Formosa Plastics Jiew Kang Jue Pattana Co. Ltd. Minera Yanacocha (joint venture Newmont, Sumitomo & Compañía de Minas Buenaventura) Newmont Goldcorp Sumitomo Group
Fundamental Rights Agency finds that civil society in EU is facing increasing challenges & explores role of business
The European Union Agency for Fundamental Rights (FRA) report from January 2018 looked into the different types and patterns of challenges that civil society organizations working on human rights face in the European Union. In September 2018, FRA...