Related stories and components
Author: La Izquierda Diario
“Teleperformance: ganancias millonarias y denuncias en más de 10 países” – 29 de abril...
- Related in-depth areas: Brote de COVID-19 (Coronavirus) Brote de COVID-19 (coronavirus): personas trabajadoras de cadenas de suministro Últimas noticias legales
- Related companies: Téléperformance
Commentary: Increased surveillance is not the answer to stop the spread of COVID-19 in refugee camps
Author: Petra Molnar & Diego Naranjo, The New York Times
"Surveillance won't stop the coronavirus," 15 April 2020...
Author: Frédéric Simon, EURACTIV.com
Paris and Berlin have added their names to a growing list of EU capitals asking for the European Green Deal to be placed at the heart of the EU’s post-pandemic recovery plan......
Verisk Maplecroft's Human Rights Outlook 2019 says risks spread for businesses & civil society as more countries embrace authoritarian tactics
Author: Verisk Maplecroft
"‘Strongmen’ regimes lead charge against freedom of speech and privacy: Human Rights Outlook 2019", 07 Aug 2019...
- Related in-depth areas: Latest news on freedom of association Latest news on human rights defenders Latest news on modern slavery & forced labour Latest news on natural resources Latest News on Pacific Business & Human Rights Technology and Human Rights Technology and Human Rights: Digital Freedom
- Related companies: AngloGold Ashanti BHP Billiton Yamana Gold
Author: International Federation for Human Rights (FIDH)
On what criteria should investment decisions be made? How should states rank when it comes to non-financial information? What indicators should be used? The objective of the present study is to establish a methodology and classification system that...
Author: Kriton Lentoudis, Evalend Shipping Company
Business & Human Rights Resource Centre invited Evalend Shipping to respond to allegations published by the World Maritime News that crew aboard Liberian-flagged ship Villa Deste owned by the Greek company, Evalend Shipping Company S.A., were...
- Related stories: Australia: Crew of a ship owned by Greek co. Evalend at BHP terminal allegedly underpaid and neglected
- This is a response from the following companies: Evalend Shipping Company
UN Special Rapporteur on human rights defenders' global survey highlights role of cos. in attacks in several countries
Author: Michel Forst, UN Special Rapporteur on Human Rights Defenders (Switzerland)
"World report on the situation of human rights defenders", 17 Dec 2017...
- Related in-depth areas: Latest news on human rights defenders Latest News on Pacific Business & Human Rights Latest news: CEO activism and other positive business initiatives to protect civic freedoms Technology and Human Rights: Digital Freedom
- Related companies: Compañia de Minas Buenaventura Formosa Plastics Jiew Kang Jue Pattana Co. Ltd. Minera Yanacocha (joint venture Newmont, Sumitomo & Compañía de Minas Buenaventura) Newmont Goldcorp Sumitomo Group
Fundamental Rights Agency finds that civil society in EU is facing increasing challenges & explores role of business
The European Union Agency for Fundamental Rights (FRA) report from January 2018 looked into the different types and patterns of challenges that civil society organizations working on human rights face in the European Union. In September 2018, FRA...
Commentary: European Parliamentarians want to move on human rights due diligence legislation, says ECCJ
Author: European Coalition for Corporate Justice
ECCJ [...] spoke to the Belgian federal parliament’s intergroup on Fair Trade at its annual meeting on 20 November 2018... The intergroup's members expressed interest in further discussions on possible human rights due diligence rules for Belgium.....
- Related in-depth areas: Human rights due diligence