Related stories and components
EU-wide legally binding measures needed to stop use of SLAPPs against HRDs, says new Greenpeace report
"SLAPPs: How the rich and powerful use legal tactics to shut critics up," 22 July 2020...
Europe: Poor working & housing conditions at meat packing plants responsible for COVID-19 outbreak among workforce, report alleges
Since the start of the COVID-19 pandemic, thousands of workers at meat processing plants across Europe have become infected with the virus. A new report by the European Federation of Food, Agriculture and Tourism Trade Unions (EFFAT) identifies poor...
Author: Moy Park
Thank you for contacting Moy Park regarding the EFFAT report. Please find a release from Moy Park below detailing measures in place to safeguard staff in response....
- Related stories: Europe: Poor working & housing conditions at meat packing plants responsible for COVID-19 outbreak among workforce, report alleges
- This is a response from the following companies: Moy Park
Author: Fran McNulty, RTÉ (Ireland)
22 May 2020...
Ireland: COVID-19 cases at meat plants increased by 328 in 1 week despite "significant measures" in place
Author: Gabija Gataveckaite, Independent.ie (Ireland)
Coronavirus Ireland: cases recorded at meat plants increased by 328 in one week, 20 May 2020...
- Related in-depth areas: COVID-19 (Coronavirus) Outbreak
Author: Frédéric Lemaire, Les Echos
« Covid-19 et applications de traçage : le RGPD est-il remis en question ? » 27 mai 2020...
- Related in-depth areas: Pandémie de COVID-19 (Coronavirus) : Surveillance, censure et droit au respect de la vie privée
Weak enforcement of EU data protection law means companies are able to circumvent rules, report warns on two-year anniversary of GDPR
Further information on the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), including what the GDPR means for business and human rights in the digital economy and human rights concerns arising from non-compliance, is available here.
Europe: COVID-19 fuels tensions over migrant farm labour as concerns over exploitation & inadequate safeguards grow
Author: Rory Carroll, Sam Jones, Lorenzo Tondo, Kate Connolly & Kit Gillet - The Guardian
"Covid-19 crisis stokes European tensions over migrant labour", 11 May 2020...
Author: Jennifer Hattam, Equal Times
Around the world... millions of construction workers are still on the job [during the COVID-19 pandemic], caught between risking their health and losing their livelihoods......
- Related stories: Media coverage re COVID-19 & Risks to Migrant Workers in Qatar & the UAE
- Related in-depth areas: COVID-19 (Coronavirus) Outbreak COVID-19 (Coronavirus) Outbreak: Government & business response COVID-19 (Coronavirus) Outbreak: Migrant workers Latest news & company responses: Migrant workers in Qatar & the UAE Migrant workers