Related stories and components
Author: Greenpeace European Unit
"Ending SLAPPs: strategic lawsuits against public participation", 8 June 2020...
UN Human Rights Office documents growing reprisals against civil society for cooperating with United Nations
Author: Office of the United Nations High Commissioner for Human Rights
"Human rights: Reported reprisals on the rise, says UN", 19 Sep 2019...
Verisk Maplecroft's Human Rights Outlook 2019 says risks spread for businesses & civil society as more countries embrace authoritarian tactics
Author: Verisk Maplecroft
"‘Strongmen’ regimes lead charge against freedom of speech and privacy: Human Rights Outlook 2019", 07 Aug 2019...
- Related in-depth areas: Latest news on freedom of association Latest news on human rights defenders Latest news on modern slavery & forced labour Latest news on natural resources Latest News on Pacific Business & Human Rights Technology and Human Rights Technology and Human Rights: Digital Freedom
- Related companies: AngloGold Ashanti BHP Billiton Yamana Gold
Malta: Forced labour particularly in cleaning, construction & caring sectors reportedly now most prevalent form of modern slavery
Author: Kristina Abela, Times of Malta
"Forced labour: Malta's modern slavery", 2 August 2019...
- Related in-depth areas: Latest news on modern slavery & forced labour
Author: International Federation for Human Rights (FIDH)
On what criteria should investment decisions be made? How should states rank when it comes to non-financial information? What indicators should be used? The objective of the present study is to establish a methodology and classification system that...
Turkey: Journalist sentenced to jail for revealing details of former prime minister's business activities
Author: Julian Borger, The Guardian (UK)
"Journalist Pelin Ünker sentenced to jail in Turkey over Paradise Papers investigation", 09 Jan 2019...
- Related in-depth areas: Latest news on human rights defenders
Fundamental Rights Agency finds that civil society in EU is facing increasing challenges & explores role of business
The European Union Agency for Fundamental Rights (FRA) report from January 2018 looked into the different types and patterns of challenges that civil society organizations working on human rights face in the European Union. In September 2018, FRA...
Author: Ava Lee, Global Witness
This morning over 350 media organizations across the US will publish editorials on press freedom in response to President Trump’s concerted efforts to attack them. As an anti-corruption campaign group, investigative journalism is at the heart of what...
- Related stories: USA: 350 media organisations publish editorials on freedom of press in response to Trump administration's recurrent attacks on media
- Related companies: Facebook