This section contains information on Montenegro after the dissolution of the Federal Republic of Yugoslavia in June 2006. For items referring to the period before June 2006, please see our section for Yugoslavia
Related stories and components
Author: Balkan Insight (Bosnia & Herzegovina)
4 May 2020 ...
- Related in-depth areas: COVID-19 (Coronavirus) Outbreak
UN Special Rapporteur on human rights defenders' global survey highlights role of cos. in attacks in several countries
Author: Michel Forst, UN Special Rapporteur on Human Rights Defenders (Switzerland)
"World report on the situation of human rights defenders", 17 Dec 2017...
- Related in-depth areas: Latest news on human rights defenders Latest News on Pacific Business & Human Rights Latest news: CEO activism and other positive business initiatives to protect civic freedoms Technology and Human Rights: Digital Freedom
- Related companies: Compañia de Minas Buenaventura Formosa Plastics Jiew Kang Jue Pattana Co. Ltd. Minera Yanacocha (joint venture Newmont, Sumitomo & Compañía de Minas Buenaventura) Newmont Goldcorp Sumitomo Group
GNI report details human rights impacts of internet shutdowns & recommends involving businesses in advocacy against disruptions
Author: Jan Rydzak, Global Network Initiative
"Disconnected: A Human Rights-Based Approach to Network Disruptions," June 2018...
- Related stories: Internet shutdowns harm access to information, freedom of expression & economic growth
- Related in-depth areas: Latest News on Pacific Business & Human Rights Technology and Human Rights: Digital Freedom
- Related companies: Alphabet Facebook Google (part of Alphabet) Orange Twitter Whatsapp (part of Facebook)
Author: CIVICUS (South Africa)
"CIVICUS: State of Civil Society Report 2018 - Year in Review: Top 10 trends", 06 Mar 2018...
Author: CEE Bankwatch Network
The European Union has...approved an updated set of binding standards for power plants, which include new, stricter pollution limits. The standards, known as the LCP BREF...will help prevent thousands of premature deaths caused by air pollution from...
Montenegro: Air pollution by Pljevlja lignite power plant leads to respiratory damage for locals, show NGO monitoring results; includes company’s comments
Business & Human Rights Resource Centre invited Electric Enterprise AD Niksic (EPCG) to respond to concerns raised in the report below and the following questions:...
Author: Montenegrin Electric Enterprise AD AD Niksic (EPCG)
EPCG owns one coal fired power plant with a single lignite 218 MW Unit in Pljevlja and seven hydro power plants (approx. 650 MW of installed capacity). Company has already submitted the request to obtain IPPC permit (in accordance with the Law on...
- Related stories: Montenegro: Air pollution by Pljevlja lignite power plant leads to respiratory damage for locals, show NGO monitoring results; includes company’s comments
- This is a response from the following companies: Montenegrin Electric Enterprise AD Niksic (EPCG)
Author: CEE Bankwatch Network
...We travelled to Pljevlja to install our environmental dust monitor...Now we are able to report on just how bad the pollution is in this little town in northern Montenegro, home to the country’s only lignite power plant...The EU limit on PM 2.5 was...