Related stories and components
Author: N.G. avec AFP, BFM TV
« La Pologne ferme 12 mines de charbon où le coronavirus se répand à toute vitesse », 8 juin 2020....
- Related stories: Pandémie de COVID-19 (Coronavirus)
- Related in-depth areas: Extractives Latest news on natural resources Pandémie de COVID-19 (Coronavirus) Pandémie de COVID-19 (Coronavirus) : Réponses apportées par les gouvernements et les entreprises Ressources naturelles
- Related companies: JSW SA Polska Grupa Górnicza (PGG)
Reform of EU Non-Financial Reporting Directive should be aligned with future due diligence legislation, brief argues
Author: European Coalition for Corporate Justice (ECCJ)
"Moving forward with the EU Non-Financial Reporting Directive: Enforcement & review", June 2020...
- Related in-depth areas: Latest news on mandatory human rights due diligence
- Related companies: Grupo ACS Prada Salvatore Ferragamo SpA
Author: CNA (Singapore)
8 June 2020...
- Related stories: Poland: Govt. halts work at 12 mines to curb spread of COVID-19; union fears permanent closures & job losses
- Related in-depth areas: COVID-19 (Coronavirus) Outbreak
- Related companies: JSW SA
Author: Damian Carrington, The Guardian
'Polluter bailouts and lobbying during Covid-19 pandemic', April 17, 2020...
Author: CEE Bankwatch
1 June 2020...
Weak enforcement of EU data protection law means companies are able to circumvent rules, report warns on two-year anniversary of GDPR
Further information on the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), including what the GDPR means for business and human rights in the digital economy and human rights concerns arising from non-compliance, is available here.
Intl. coalition of Amazon employees forms to demand improved pay, safety protections, reinstatement of dismissed workers & end to casual employment
Author: Hamilton Nolan, In These Times
"Amazon Labor Activism Goes International as European and U.S. Workers Combine Forces", 4 May 2020...
- Related stories: USA: Amazon warehouse workers allege they were fired in retaliation for protesting insufficient protection for workers from COVID-19; incl. company comments
- Related in-depth areas: COVID-19 (Coronavirus) Outbreak COVID-19 (Coronavirus) Outbreak: Supply chain workers
- Related companies: Amazon.com
Author: Rachel Knaebel, basta! (France)
"« Stop Covid » : une application de pistage du virus respectueuse des libertés est-elle possible ? ", 16 avril 2020...