Headquarters in Finland
Asia & Europe: Strategic lawsuits are on the rise, causing breakdown of trust between rights defenders & business, but more alliances are needed
Author: Jennifer Hattam, Equal Times
"See you in court: a rise in legal attacks against rights defenders aims to silence corporate critics", June 8, 2020...
- Related stories: Betagro & Thammakaset lawsuits (re labour exploitation in Thailand) Thammakaset lawsuits against former workers (re defamation on labour conditions, Thailand)
- Related in-depth areas: Latest Legal News Latest news on human rights defenders
- Related companies: "S Group" Betagro Group Natural Fruit Thammakaset 2
Author: Gautam Naik Theme Retail & Consumer Products Technology, Media & Telecom
[日本語翻訳記事提供: 経済人コー円卓会議日本委員会] 「過重労働 : スーパーマーケットの食料価格の引き下げにより、移民労働者へのしわ寄せが強まる」 2019 年 11 月 25 日 フィンランド最大の食料品小売業者である S Groupは、Oxfam に...移民労働者からの広範な搾取に関する報告が増えていることに促され...人権への影響を評価するために、イタリアトマトの調達サプライチェ ーンを精査するよう求めました...調査結果の中でS Groupは ...
New company survey & report urges European companies & states to step up efforts to identify & address risks to defenders
Human rights and environmental defenders play a key role in holding companies and states accountable for business-related human rights violations and environmental degradation. However, defenders are increasingly defamed, harassed and killed for...
Italy: S Group to reform procurement after supply chain study links low supermarket prices to wage squeezes & migrant worker exploitation
Author: Gautam Naik, S&P Global
"Hard Labor: Lower supermarket food prices tighten squeeze on migrant workers", 25 November 2019...
- Related companies: "S Group"
Calls for major reforms to UK Modern Slavery Act & mandatory due diligence growing, Ethical Corporation reports
Author: Katherine Steiner-Dicks, Ethical Corporation
"‘We know most global companies have modern slavery in their supply chains’", 6 Aug 2019...
- Related in-depth areas: Latest news on mandatory human rights due diligence Latest news on modern slavery & forced labour
- Related companies: "S Group" Argos (part of Home Retail Group) ASDA (part of Walmart) ASN Bank (part of SNS Reaal) ASOS Barry Callebaut Bavaria (part of SABMiller) Cargill Heineken Home Retail Group Homebase (part of Home Retail Group) John Lewis Partnership Marks & Spencer Rabobank Sainsbury's SNS Reaal Tesco Tony's Chocoloney Travis Perkins Vedanta Resources Waitrose (part of John Lewis Partnership) Walmart Wickes
List of large businesses, associations & investors with public statements & endorsements in support of mandatory due diligence regulation
Author: Business & Human Rights Resource Centre
Large businesses (>1 bn € turnover), associations and investors with public statements and endorsements in support of mandatory human rights and environmental due diligence (non-exhaustive), last updated 2 June 2020...
- Related in-depth areas: Latest Legal News Latest news on mandatory human rights due diligence
- Related companies: "S Group" Barry Callebaut BMW Cargill Coca-Cola Finland Daimler AG Danone Dormakaba Ericsson Fazer Group Ferrero Firmenich Hapag-Lloyd Group Heineken Hennes & Mauritz (H&M) Hershey IKEA Kesko KiK Mars Mercuria Energy Migros Mondelēz International Nestlé Nestlé Netherlands Novo Nordisk (part of Novo Group) PepsiCo Plus Primark (part of Associated British Foods) Rabobank REWE-Group Sampo Group Stora Enso Symrise Tchibo Trafigura Beheer Wihuri Group
Human Rights Impact Assessment of Finnish food retailer's Italian tomato supply chains released as part of pilot on going "beyond audits"
The Human Rights Impact Assessment (HRIA) of SOK Corporation's Italian processed tomato supply chains was prepared by Oxfam as part of a pilot for the company's new approach to assessing human rights impacts in high risk supply chains that goes ‘beyon...
New guidance for companies encourages action to support civic freedoms & human rights defenders & explores opportunities for engagement
Author: Bennett Freeman with Sif Thorgeirsson, Adele Barzelay & Brooks Reed
"Shared space under pressure: Business support for civic freedoms and human rights defenders," 29 August 2018 ...
- Related in-depth areas: Latest news on human rights defenders Latest news: CEO activism and other positive business initiatives to protect civic freedoms Positive company initiatives Technology and Human Rights: Digital Freedom
- Related companies: "S Group" adidas Alphabet Anglo American Apple Archer Daniels Midland (ADM) Asia Pulp & Paper (part of Sinar Mas) Associated British Foods Barrick Gold Ben & Jerry's (part of Unilever) Bunge Cargill Cartier (part of Richemont) Chevron Chobani Cisco Systems Coca-Cola DLA Piper Eileen Fisher ExxonMobil Facebook FIFA General Electric Golden Agri-Resources Google (part of Alphabet) Grupo Hame IOI Group Johnson & Johnson Lyft McKinsey Microsoft Natural Fruit Nestlé Newmont (formerly Newmont Goldcorp) Nike Oath Inc (formerly Yahoo! & AOL (part of Verizon)) PepsiCo Primark (part of Associated British Foods) Reforestación de Palma del Petén (Repsa) (part of Grupo Hame) Richemont Salesforce.com Shell Siemens Sinar Mas Group Starbucks Stonyfield Farm Telenor Tiffany Uber Unilever Vedanta Resources Verizon Volaris Websense Wilmar International
Author: Ana Zbona, Business & Human Rights Resource Centre
In late April 2018, 68 institutional investor groups that participate in the Investor Alliance for Human Rights called on companies to make commitments to protect human rights defenders... What prompted this group of investors to speak out on this...
Nordic food companies say verdict against Andy Hall is harmful to Thailand as exporting country & emphasize importance of free civil society
Author: Axfood (Sweden), Axfoundation (Sweden), Coop (Sweden), Findus (Sweden), Ethical Trading Initiative (Norway), Martin & Servera (Sweden), Menigo (Sweden), Norvida (Sweden), SOK (Finland), Unil (Norway)
"Nordic food companies’ comment on the Court decision 26th March 2018 regarding defamation case against human rights advocate Andy Hall", 11 Apr 2018...
- Related stories: Thai Court orders defender Andy Hall's payment of 10 million baht in damages to Natural Fruit co.; companies & business associations express concern
- Related in-depth areas: Latest news on human rights defenders Latest news: CEO activism and other positive business initiatives to protect civic freedoms
- Related companies: "S Group" Axfood Coop Norden