Related stories and components
Author: Globo Rural
Coronavírus afeta funcionamento de frigoríficos e abates de emergência podem começar. Associação de empresas diz que setor está se organizando para evitar descartes e desabastecimento, mas federação de trabalhadores agrícolas do RS afirma que já...
- Related in-depth areas: Surto de COVID-19 (Coronavírus) Surto de COVID-19 (Coronavírus): Resposta do governo e das empresas
- Related companies: BRF
Germany: COVID-19 outbreak among migrant workers at slaughterhouse sparks concerns over poor working & living conditions as virus said to have spread through shared housing
Westfleisch, a meat processing plant in the state of North Rhine-Westphalia (NRW) was forced to close after more than 150 out of 200 tested employees were positive for COVID-19, the majority of whom were from Romania and Bulgaria. The case follows a...
Author: Juliana Kaplan, Business Insider (USA)
Tyson is doubling bonuses and increasing health benefits for frontline workers. At least 8 have died of coronavirus and over 1,180 have been infected., 29 April 2020...
- Related stories: USA: Worker-based organisation calls on poultry producers to provide paid leave benefits & safe working conditions; incl. company responses
- Related in-depth areas: COVID-19 (Coronavirus) Outbreak
- Related companies: Tyson
Author: G1 RS
“Prefeitura de São Leopoldo identifica surto de contaminação de Covid-19 em moradores que trabalham em frigoríficos da serra. Segundo o órgão, 14 casos foram confirmados na manhã desta sexta-feira (1º), em funcionários dos frigoríficos Nicolini e JBS...
- Related in-depth areas: Surto de COVID-19 (Coronavírus) Surto de COVID-19 (Coronavírus): Trabalhadores da cadeia de suprimentos
- Related companies: JBS
Brazil: Donkeys are slaughtered without regulation and subjected to mistreatment for the Chinese market, says Repórter Brasil
Author: Repórter Brasil (Brazil)
[Translation from Portuguese to English provided by Business & Human Rights Resource Centre]...
- Related stories: Brazil: Donkeys are slaughtered without regulation and subjected to mistreatment for the Chinese market, says Repórter Brasil
- Related in-depth areas: Chinese investment overseas
Author: Joana Suarez, Repórter Brasil (Brazil)
“Sob a pele do jumento”, 11 de dezembro de 2019...