Related stories and components
Tanzania: IPIS' briefing on business & human rights; includes coverage on agribusiness, tourism & mining sectors
"Briefing on Business and Human Rights in Tanzania: 2019 Quarter 3 & 4: July-December"...
Author: La Tercera (Chile)
“Desde una potencial vacuna a millonarias donaciones: El activo rol de las tabacaleras en tiempos de coronavirus” – 27 de abril de 2020...
- Related in-depth areas: Brote de COVID-19 (Coronavirus) Brote de COVID-19 (Coronavirus): respuesta gubernamental y de las empresas
- Related companies: British American Tobacco Philip Morris International
Author: Leigh Day
‘Malawi tobacco farmers in landmark legal fight against British American Tobacco’ 31 October 2019...
Author: The Citizen
"ILO ends relationship with tobacco companies as Tanzanian activists applaud move", 7 November 2019...
- Related in-depth areas: Agriculture
Malawi: Customs and Border Protection issues withhold release order on tobacco from Malawi on allegations of forced labor
Author: Geneva Sands, CNN
'US suspends tobacco imports from Malawi over forced child labor allegations' 1 November 2019...
- Related in-depth areas: Child labour
Author: Deutsche Welle (Germany)
‘Tobacco company rebukes Malawi child labor claims’...
Author: Béatrice Héraud, Novethic (France) (copyright: www.novethic.fr)
« Philip Morris veut se refaire une santé grâce aux Objectifs de développement durable », 31 octobre 2019...
- Related companies: Philip Morris International
Malawi: Lawyers announce lawsuit demanding British American Tobacco compensate families working under poverty wages on tobacco fields; Company comments included
In October 2019, human rights lawyers from Leigh Day announced they were preparing a lawsuit against British American Tobacco (BAT), on behalf of children and families in Malawi, working on tobacco fields supplying the company....
Malawi: Lawyers to launch 'landmark' case against British American Tobacco over child labour & poverty wages
Author: Sarah Boseley, The Guardian
"BAT faces landmark legal case over Malawi families' poverty wages", 31 October 2019...
- Related stories: Malawi: Lawyers announce lawsuit demanding British American Tobacco compensate families working under poverty wages on tobacco fields; Company comments included
- Related in-depth areas: Health & safety in the workplace
- Related companies: British American Tobacco