Related stories and components
Author: Malawi 24
‘Lafarge embroiled in illegal mining scandal in Malawi’ 2 July 2020...
- Related companies: Lafarge (part of LafargeHolcim)
Author: Aristegui Noticias (México)
“Cemex pide a empleados diferir o ceder parte de sueldos por crisis”, 9 de abril de 2020...
- Related in-depth areas: Brote de COVID-19 (Coronavirus) Brote de COVID-19 (Coronavirus): respuesta gubernamental y de las empresas
- Related companies: Cemex
Myanmar: Protesters demanding land compensation from Chinese-backed cement factory get five-year sentences
Author: Radio Free Asia
“Five Myanmar Villagers Get Five-Year Sentences in China Cement Factory Protest”, 20 March 2020...
- Related stories: Myanmar: Protesters demanding land compensation from Chinese-backed cement factory get five-year sentences
- Related in-depth areas: Chinese investment overseas Latest news on human rights defenders
- Related companies: Alpha Cement Anhui Conch Cement
Author: La Izquierda Diario (Argentina)
“Trabajadores de Minetti Córdoba exigen el fin de la persecución judicial” – 12 de marzo de 2020...
- Related in-depth areas: Últimas noticias - libertad de asociación
Snapshot: On 23 May 2017, 32 workers from Tourah Portland Cement Company, a subsidiary of HeidelbergCement in Egypt were arrested and brought to trial for assaulting a police captain, obstructing justice and using violence to resist authorities. This...
Myanmar: Protesters urge closure of the military-run Myaing Kalay cement factory for allegedly causing water contamination
Author: Myat Moe Aung, Myanmar Times
"Kayin villagers blame black water on factory", 28 January 2020 [...] The protesters called for the closure of the military-run Myaing Kalay cement factory... [...] Their top concern is the scarcity of clean water in the surrounding villages, which th...
Tunisia: Rural community denounce Sotacib cement plant pollution, citing adverse impacts to health and livelihoods; company responds
In a statement published on January 18th 2020, Tunisian NGO, Forum for Socio Economic Rights (FTDES) documented a protest led by local residents of Fej Rouissat, Kairouan,on January 14th2020 against the activities of a cement plant, Sotacib. Sotacib c...