Machine & machine tools
Related stories and components
USA: Companies furlough & layoff thousands of workers while continuing to reward shareholders in dividends during pandemic
Author: Peter Whoriskey, Washington Post
"U.S. companies cut thousands of workers while continuing to reward shareholders during pandemic", 5 May 2020...
Author: Mike Murphy, Market Watch
"Apple has donated 20 million masks, is working to make 1 million face shields a week, Tim Cook says", 05 April 2020...
- Related in-depth areas: COVID-19 (Coronavirus) Outbreak: Government & business response
- Related companies: Apple Salesforce.com Tesla Motors
Author: Daniel Camargos, Repórter Brasil (Brazil)
"Em ofensiva contra indígenas no Pará, garimpeiros ilegais movimentam mercado bilionário-Estima-se que garimpos ilegais faturem de R$ 3 a R$ 4 bilhões anuais no país. Em Itaituba, garimpeiros compram cerca de 100 escavadeiras por ano de uma única...
Author: The Japan Times
"Record 5,160 firms employing foreign trainees in Japan violated labor laws in 2018, ministry says", 9 Aug 2019...
Author: Extra Classe (Brazil)
“Bolsonaro anuncia redução de 90% nas normas de segurança no Trabalho”, 13 de maio de 2019 ...
Business & Human Rights Resource Centre invited JCB to respond to allegations relating to its involvement in the imminent demolition of Khan al-Ahmar. JCB did not respond
- Related stories: NGO files OECD complaint against British excavation giant JCB over potential violations of international law in the occupied Palestinian territories
- This is a non response from the following companies: JCB
NGO files OECD complaint against British excavation giant JCB over potential violations of international law in the occupied Palestinian territories
In August 2018, Lawyers for Palestinian Human Rights (LPHR) raised human rights concerns with JCB regarding its involvement in the imminent demolition of Khan al-Ahmar, a Palestinian village in the occupied West Bank. JCB’s products have reportedly...
Author: Anthony Cuthbertson, The Independent
"AMAZON WORKERS 'REFUSE' TO BUILD TECH FOR US IMMIGRATION, WARNING JEFF BEZOS OF IBM'S NAZI LEGACY", 22 June 2018...
- Related stories: Shareholders & civil society groups urge Amazon to halt sale of facial recognition software to law enforcement agencies
- Related in-depth areas: Technology and Human Rights: Artificial Intelligence
- Related companies: Amazon.com IBM
OPT: Mixed response from multinationals in Israeli solar sector accused of contributing to Palestinian displacement
In May 2018, Who Profits published a report that examines how Israel's solar energy industry contributes to Palestinian displacement. The report claims that Israeli solar projects in the Negev desert and Area C of the occupied West Bank descriminate...