Explore categories within this category
Related stories and components
Argentina: Federal Intelligence Agency accused of illegally spying on journlaists, academics, politicians and business leaders during the Macri administration
Author: BA Times (Argentina)
"AFI conducted illegal espionage on more than 400 journalists during Macri era", 8th June 2020...
- Related in-depth areas: Human rights defenders
Nepal: Escalation in threats to free expression forcing journalists and media organisations to self-censor, report says
Author: The Himalayan Times
"Govt curtailing freedom of expression: Report", 15 March 2020...
Australia: News Corp admits to underpaying superannuation of staff by $1.5m; undertakes to pay with interest
Author: Hannah Blackiston, Mumbrella
"News Corp Australia admits to underpaying staff by $1.5m", 25 February 2020...
- Related companies: News Corp Australia (part of News Corporation)
Cambodia: Female Filipino journalist files a sexual harassment lawsuit against her former Khmer Times publisher
Author: Janella Paris, Rappler
"Filipina journalist files sexual harassment complaint vs Cambodia news publisher", 13 December 2019...
- Related companies: Khmer Times
COP25 delegates should recognize that to protect environment, they need to protect its defenders, says Human Rights Watch
Author: Letta Tayler, Cara Schulte & Katharina Rall, Human Rights Watch
"Targeted: Counterterrorism Measures Take Aim at Environmental Activists", 28 Nov 2019...
Global Expression report shows three of every four people are experiencing deterioration in freedom of expression
Author: Article 19 & V-Dem
"Global Expression Report", 02 Dec 2019...
USA: Hearst Magazines responds to workers' efforts to unionise with anti-union website sent to employees
Author: Keith Kelly, New York Post
"Hearst on a collision course with employees over union", 3 December 2019...
- Related companies: Hearst Corporation
Slovakia: Prominent businessman charged with murder of journalist & fiancée, amidst further revelations of high-profile corruption
Author: Tatiana Jancarikova, Reuters
"Four charged in Slovak journalist murder that brought down prime minister", 21 October 2019...
- Related in-depth areas: Latest news on human rights defenders
Equileap researched 3,519 companies in 23 developed economies, representing 98 million employees, and ranked them based on 19 gender equality criteria... There has been an increase in the average score of the 100 best performing companies over the past...
- Related in-depth areas: Gender, Business & Human Rights: Research & Analysis
- Related companies: Adobe Systems AGL Air New Zealand ANZ Bank ASX Group AXA Bank of America BHP (formerly BHP Billiton) BillerudKorsnäs (Billerud Korsnäs) Biogen BlackRock BNP Paribas British Land Caltex Canadian Imperial Bank of Commerce (CIBC) Castellum Challenger Financial Services Chr. Hansen Cisco Systems Citibank (part of Citigroup) Coca-Cola Coca-cola Amatil Cofinimmo Commbank Contact Energy Convivio Hotels Danone Dexus Diageo DnB NOR Eli Lilly Elisa Enagás Equinor (formerly Statoil) Fonterra Fortescue Metals Group Fortum Gap General Motors Gilead Sciences Gjensidige GlaxoSmithKline GPT Group Hilton Investec Iron Mountain ITV Johnson & Johnson Johnson Matthey JPMorgan Chase Kering (formerly PPR, Pinault-Printemps-Redoute) Kimberly-Clark L'Oreal Lendlease Project Management & Construction (formerly Bovis Lend Lease, trading as Lendlease) Marriott Medibank Merck Mirvac Money Super Market Group National Australia Bank NH Hoteles Orange Origin Energy Publicis Qantas Airways REA Group Red Eléctrica de España Repsol Royal Bank of Canada Royal Mail Sanofi SAP Schibsted Schneider Electric Schroders Société Générale Sodexo South32 Standard Chartered Stockland Stora Enso Storebrand Suncorp Swedbank Tele2 Telenet Telenor Telstra TF1 Toronto-Dominion Bank (TD Bank) Transurban Unilever Verizon Vicinity Vodafone Westpac WPP YUM! Z Energy
Author: Sam Levin, The Guardian
"Revealed: how Monsanto's 'intelligence center' targeted journalists and activists", 08 Aug 2019...