Related stories and components
Author: Damian Carrington, The Guardian
'Polluter bailouts and lobbying during Covid-19 pandemic', April 17, 2020...
Report argues that oil, gas and plastic industries should not benefit from regulatory rollback in response to Covid-19, due to lack of financial viability
The report includes a case-study on ExxonMobil, highlighting its contested offshore project in Guyana. A previous response from ExxonMobil regarding that project is featured in this story.
Author: Hsiao Po-wen and Elizabeth Hsu, Focus Taiwan
"Groups again appeal for compensation in Vietnam pollution case," 17 April 2020...
- Related stories: Vietnam: Fish deaths blamed on Formosa Plastics; Taiwan Court dismisses Vietnamese farmers' lawsuit over environmental damage
- Related in-depth areas: Latest Legal News
- Related companies: Formosa Plastics
Kenya: Metro Plastics owner to be charged for allegedly locking in workers & endangering their lives during recent fire incident
Author: Sammy Kimatu, Daily Nation (Kenya)
"Lucky escape for workers as fire burns plastics factory"...
USA: Environmental NGOs file lawsuit against Coca-Cola, Nestlé, Mars & others over plastic pollution of water resources
Author: Plastic Pollution Coalition
"Earth Island Institute and Plastic Pollution Coalition Take On Big Plastic," 27 Feb 2020...
Author: The Daily Star
"Death toll from Keraniganj factory fire reaches 12", 12 December 2019...
- Related in-depth areas: Health & safety in the workplace
Author: Kiah Collier, Texas Tribune (USA)
"Retired Texas shrimper wins record settlement from plastics giant", 4 Dec 2019...
UN Special Rapporteur on human rights defenders' global survey highlights role of cos. in attacks in several countries
Author: Michel Forst, UN Special Rapporteur on Human Rights Defenders (Switzerland)
"World report on the situation of human rights defenders", 17 Dec 2017...
- Related in-depth areas: Latest news on human rights defenders Latest News on Pacific Business & Human Rights Latest news: CEO activism and other positive business initiatives to protect civic freedoms Technology and Human Rights: Digital Freedom
- Related companies: Compañia de Minas Buenaventura Formosa Plastics Jiew Kang Jue Pattana Co. Ltd. Minera Yanacocha (joint venture Newmont, Sumitomo & Compañía de Minas Buenaventura) Newmont Goldcorp Sumitomo Group
Author: O Globo/New York Times (Brazil/US)
"Lego busca alternativas ao plástico, apostando em materiais biodegradáveis-Empresa dinamarquesa pretende substituir o material proveniente do petróleo por fibras vegetais ou garrafas recicladas", 10 de setembro de 2018...
Author: Bong S. Sarmiento, Asia Times
"Western-made plastic trash is killing Asia's oceans", 12 August 2018...