Related stories and components
USA: Truckers worried they won't be able to get home if they get COVID-19 on the road; a few companies know how to help
Author: Rachel Premack, Business Insider (USA)
Terrified truckers have no idea how they'll get home if they catch COVID-19 on the road — and major trucking companies don't either, 7 April 2020 ...
- Related in-depth areas: COVID-19 (Coronavirus) Outbreak COVID-19 (Coronavirus) Outbreak: Supply chain workers
- Related companies: FedEx J.B. Hunt Knight-Swift Transportation Landstar System Marten Transport Old Dominion Freight Line Schneider National TFI International UPS XPO Logistics YRC Worldwide
Author: Barthélemy Dont sur Quartz
« Le PDG d'Uber veut protéger ses chauffeurs, à condition de n'avoir rien à payer », 25 mars 2020...
- Related stories: Pandémie de COVID-19 (Coronavirus)
- Related in-depth areas: Pandémie de COVID-19 (Coronavirus) : Réponses apportées par les gouvernements et les entreprises
- Related companies: Deliveroo Uber
Amazon faces protests in US, France & Italy over allegations of normal shifts continuing despite COVID-19 cases; includes company comments
Author: Dave Lee & Patricia Nilsson, Financial Times
“Amazon workers protest over normal shifts amid Covid-19 cases”, 19 March 2020...
USA: COVID-19 outbreak exposes lack of safety net for gig workers, as lawmakers & gig companies look for solutions
Author: Kaelyn Forde, Al Jazeera
“Coronavirus highlights lack of safety net for gig workers”, 13 March 2020...
USA: FedEx workers allege poor benefits & pay cuts while company sustains anti-union campaign; FedEx says it's not neutral
Author: Michael Sainto, The Guardian
"FedEx mounts big-money push to head off unionization by US workers", 14 January 2020...
- Related companies: FedEx
Author: Página 12 (Argentina)
“Rappi actualiza con despidos”- 14 de enero de 2020...
- Related companies: Rappi
USA: Amazon warehouse workers face 'alarmingly high' injury rates which increase during holiday season, report finds; Amazon refutes findings
A report released in December 2019 by a national anti-Amazon coalition called Athena has found 'alarmingly high' injury rates faced by workers at Amazon fulfillment centers across the USA. The report's authors say the findings - based on Amazon's own...